Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best way to get physical games on launch day?y

Options
  • 06-05-2016 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Whats the best and cheapest way to get games on launch day?

Gamestop is far too expensive most of the time, Amazon are slow enough even when preordering, Argos sometimes dont have stock but can be cheap enough.

What do ye use, are there any uk online stores that get games to Irish players on day 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Have you considered Super Valu, they sometimes have new releases at very reasonable rates but no real pre-order/booking/guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

log on to Argos website early on the day of release and reserve the game for collection later at your local store. PS4 games are normally €64.99 on release day, everywhere else is €70

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

I usually pre-order from Smyth's and collect on the day. There is currently a code to get €10 off Uncharted 4, ignore this, seems to be gone

Or get onto the Argos site early on launch day and reserve.

I work in Dublin City so have the choice of two Argos stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

thegamecollection.net

have always been good for getting games at a very good price, and it usually arrives on or before release day since they're uk based they send the game out as soon as they have it to ensure you have it release day

if it's Uncharted you're wondering about, they're doing it for £43.75 including delivery, comes to <€56 depending on the exchange when you get it, won't find much better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Thanks guys yeah I'm looking at uncharted mainly, want to try and get it day 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

thegamecollection.net

have always been good for getting games at a very good price, and it usually arrives on or before release day since they're uk based they send the game out as soon as they have it to ensure you have it release day

if it's Uncharted you're wondering about, they're doing it for €56 including delivery, comes to <€56 depending on the exchange when you get it, won't find much better
    I preordered Twilight Princess with them and it shipped Wednesday and arrived on the Monday(game released on the Friday). If I wanted something day 1 I'd use parcel motel in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got Dark souls 3 on the previous saturday from Game Collection via parcelmotel, official release was tuesday I think

Do we not have a decently priced Irish online alternative at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ussjtrunks wrote: »

there used to be gamesnash, but they're gone a couple years now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ussjtrunks wrote: »

Player1gaming.ie are decent...

Got my PS4 fight stick from them a while ago, I don't know how they are for individual games though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Fieldog wrote: »
    Player1gaming.ie are decent...

Got my PS4 fight stick from them a while ago, I don't know how they are for individual games though....

www.player1.ie/

Fixed that for you :D

The R.R.P for uncharted 4 is supposed to be 60 euro though as far as I know, funny part is gamestop uk is selling it at a reasonable price. Only Smyths so far seems to be selling it around the R.R.P. So without one near you you need to wait to see argos's price, pay gamestops 75 euro (lol) or buy it online and wait a few days :(

Advertisement