Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 11 + 12), May 6-10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Fagan being out is a blow but I think we can still beat Derry without him. Hopefully McGrath will start instead of Corcoran.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Badly need a win but wouldn't be surprised to see Harps beat us.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Think it will be a tough game in FP tonight, would probably take a draw but don't see why we can't win tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'd be fearful for the mental state of the team if we lose to Harps tonight.

Bohs are 19/20 to win, we're 11/4. Hard to fathom that especially with Akinade out as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A Caulfield tactical masterclass tomorrow would be wonderful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Mushy wrote: »
    A Caulfield tactical masterclass tomorrow would be wonderful

I think you'll get one, I'm not at all confident of getting a result up there even though we really should. But sure Bray is a hard place to go / the pitch is too good/bad / The wind was strong / Bray are a bogey team / The team bus turned left too many times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The away games is where we'll live and die this season. Home at the Cross there's an expectancy to win and most of the time we do, but tactically away is where we have been weak this season, bar 1 or 2 matches. No Turner, No Dooley please either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

17 minutes and I'm already sick of hearing about the Horgan/Horgan battle.

Please stop, Will Downing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Will Downing without his sheet of stats is a terrifying thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Dundalk deserve this. Complete domination of chances.

That was coming.

Daryl Horgan has been immense.

Game over.

Bohs' injury time penalty against Harps was saved. Was the last kick.

Finished 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Oat23 wrote: »

Finished 0-0.
    fair result, pretty dire game all around with both severely lacking a cutting edge. we went from a free kick on the edge of the box to a penalty in about 30seconds.

Oat23 wrote: »

Finished 0-0.

Anto Murphy took the penalty.

What the actual fúck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another great 3 pts for us on the road tonight at Richmond.

kksaints wrote: »
    Fagan being out is a blow but I think we can still beat Derry without him. Hopefully McGrath will start instead of Corcoran.

Well how did the game pan out? Didn't get a chance to listen to it on radio.

Were we deserving of the points or lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

NIMAN wrote: »
    Another great 3 pts for us on the road tonight at Richmond.

Three away points at Richmond used to be a great result.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Anto Murphy took the penalty.

What the actual fúck.

:)

He must've won it...do bohs have a set penalty taker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Derry fully deserved it.
    Far more control and edge in midfield.
    Patricks will struggle to match recent seasons.

Fairly well deserved although we were denied what looked like a clear penalty when O'Brien was pushed over and the ref signaled for a penalty but the lino said it was outside the box. It looked inside from where I was. Derry had most of the play and had the better chances. Indeed Clarke made a super save from Pattinson to keep it at 1 nil. We were massively disappointing and its going to be a long season if we dont improve greatly especially in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fairly well deserved although we were denied what looked like a clear penalty when O'Brien was pushed over and the ref signaled for a penalty but the lino said it was outside the box. It looked inside from where I was. Derry had most of the play and had the better chances. Indeed Clarke made a super save from Pattinson to keep it at 1 nil. We were massively disappointing and its going to be a long season if we dont improve greatly especially in midfield.

Was well inside and it was so clear at the time it was inside the box

13164203_10153974047716999_1353337757397431025_n.jpg?oh=d52e7db9413a8ecd1c5b30d58c94101e&oe=57A026A9

We were too ordinary for me to even attempt to be outraged by the decision. We'd probably have missed the penalty anyway. Derry deserved their win.

Lino needs to get his eyes tested from that photo, he was well inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Easy 4-1 win over Wexford tonight. Sligo Rovers creeping up the table now. Just 3 pts behind Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Good win for Shels in Cabinteely! 4-0 was modest. The Cabinteely hype is well and truly over, but at most I'd say 200 Cabinteely fans there out of the 500 estimate on Extratime.

dfx- wrote: »
    :)

He must've won it...do bohs have a set penalty taker?

Quigley took one earlier this season anyway

Justice served anyways as it was a clear dive. I think Gallagher psyched him out before the peno, never looked comfortable.

Drab match, need a huge improvement in the Brandywell tomorrow or we will be blown away. Another 2 injuries suffered, 1 from a horrible high tackle that caught Harkin in the kneecap, didn't even get a free never mind a talking to from the ref. Should of gotten more than that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Derry City vs Finn Harps is on Setanta Ireland tomorrow night as well for anyone not able to make the match.

• Advertisement

Plenty of older fans especially those with kids staying at home to watch it tomorrow as they can't get an answer from DCFC regarding their safety or vehicles safety so not really sure what size of Harps crowd to expect.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Plenty of older fans especially those with kids staying at home to watch it tomorrow as they can't get an answer from DCFC regarding their safety or vehicles safety so not really sure what size of Harps crowd to expect.

Can't say whether or not the local scumbags will be out but I'd personally recommend parking somewhere closer to the city centre and walking down to the Brandywell from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Big game for us tomorrow against Pats, we need to try and get back on track, Connolly out is a huge loss for us but Devaney back is good news at least.

Only one match guys, the NW Derby at the Brandywell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Looking forward to heading to Tallaght tomorrow night, Rovers looking better in recent seeks however tough ask against Shams.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Looking forward to heading to Tallaght tomorrow night, Rovers looking better in recent seeks however tough ask against Shams.

I usually dread visits there, but I'm looking forward to seeing how we do as well. Really happy with how the team is playing, and to think the guy most consider our best player (Sadlier) has been on the bench for the last 3 wins as well...

Hopefully we pick up another few points in the next few weeks and then get a striker in the window when Jaanai goes back to West Ham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah well i've seen some really bad games there but I keep going none the less. Living in dublin I ensure I get to the games here.

Oh which pub should I put the smoke bomb in and who is the guy that is going to have a bottle broken over?

Dreadful coverage from Soccer Republic for that penalty given to Bohs. The analysts are saying 'definite penalty', but to me it looks like a dive. Peter Collins thinks so too.

If only there was a technology that could slow down the video and confirm for us whether it was a dive, or a penalty.

It happened right in front of me, it was a definite dive. If he was caught, we would of heard the collision of foot to shin.

I have to say, after getting promoted I was looking forward to watching Soccer Republic each week but now I find myself skipping through all analysis and only watching the goals.

Last weeks discussion on the pitches was a joke - they are meant to be the people promoting our league, instead gave out about the state of pitches. I can only speak from a Finn Harps point of view but Finn Park was completely flooded after all those storms, the club has spent a lot of money on external companies like Pitch Dimensions to come in and fix it and they also have a full time groundsman. The difference between the game v Derry and the game v Bohs was night and day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tuesday night games are the work of the devil!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Paul McLaughlin back at the Showgrounds reffing(?) on Saturday night,FFS.

Rovers have enough cards from him after Game week 1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

At Dalyer, where the weather can only be described as ****e. Not a great game so far tbh.

A good first half by GUFC, on top and then Padraig Sutton decides he wants to ref a basketball match and sends off Sullivan for two nonsense challenges. Game ruined by one of the worst refs I've seen in many years in the LOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

A good first half by GUFC, on top and then Padraig Sutton decides he wants to ref a basketball match and sends off Sullivan for two nonsense challenges. Game ruined by one of the worst refs I've seen in many years in the LOI.

Was wondering what happened. Left work and everything looked grand, get to the house and it's all imploded.

Harps are parking the bus here. Derry all over them but can't score. Quality of finishing leaving a lot to be desired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolutely chuffed with that win for Pat's over in Galway. Wasn't really expecting much from going by our form lately, but a very much needed win all the same. Really sets us up for the Longford game on friday now.

Badly needed win for us there. Hopefully its onwards and upwards from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

May as well state the obvious, but the lack of goals will kill Bray. More than anything else.

Badly needed win for us there. Hopefully its onwards and upwards from here.

I'd say Sutton went up and down on the bus with ye today. Ye took your goals well but the sending off completely changed the game, an even opening fifteen and then we dominated until ht. For whoever Sutton is reffing next I'd suggest no tackles or physical contact for any players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I think Wexford scored all 6 goals tonight. ****ing brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Dunno if that was 2pts dropped or 1 salvaged. Derry were all over us second half. Was just starting to believe we would hold on too!

And kudos to the nackers who felt the need to charge us when they scored. More interested in us than the match. They separated our fans too before kick off!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Excellent performance from Rovers tonight set up with an early lead. Game over just before the pitch became very tough to play on. Good chance the game would've been called off if the rain started two hours earlier.

McCabe, Shaw and Gavin Brennan were excellent. From a Sligo perspective, Gary McCabe winning headers from crosses would be a worrying sign.

• Advertisement
Advertisement