Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace system Battery in Concord 60-840-43 (old eircom phonewatch) alarm

Options
  • 06-05-2016 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi

I have been getting low system battery warnings on my concord 60-840-43 (old eircom phonewatch) alarm.
    I was able to replace all of the sensor batteries no problem, but the sensor battery looks a bit more complicated.
    See attached photos.

wGvIoU.jpg
    xzTvXV.jpg

Can anyone advise what type of battery i need to buy and the steps in how to replace it?

Thanks for any help
    Kennyt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

any help?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Looks like a standard 12v 7.2ah battery, they sell them in plenty of electrical shops like o'reilly's in santry.

Thanks Kopkidda

Is it easy to replace? It looks fairly hidden away.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Ive never replaced this one,but it has to come out, just be careful that you don't pull any wires out, there is a red and black connector on the top of the battery for positive and negative and the connection is just like for like, dispose of old battery correctly.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If your transporting or leaving the battery anywhere tape up the terminals with insulating tape. Any shorting across those terminals could result in fire.
    Best bet is to remove the battery & take it with you. That panel looks very unforgiving on size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

kennyt wrote: »
    Hi

I have been getting low system battery warnings on my concord 60-840-43 (old eircom phonewatch) alarm.
    I was able to replace all of the sensor batteries no problem, but the sensor battery looks a bit more complicated.
    See attached photos.

wGvIoU.jpg
    xzTvXV.jpg

Can anyone advise what type of battery i need to buy and the steps in how to replace it?

Thanks for any help
    Kennyt

The front face in your first photo drops down towards you to get at the battery. You will see the area on the top middle to pries with a screw drive to release it.

Thanks Altor

• Registered Users Posts: 4 trebor66

altor wrote: »
    The front face in your first photo drops down towards you to get at the battery. You will see the area on the top middle to pries with a screw drive to release it.

Hi Altor,

I have same issue and wondering could you advise please?
    I have successfully removed the battery as per your instructions (thanks!) - when it last was replaced by the engineer he wrote the date (15/8/13). As its only three years old wondering could you help me get the engineer code so I can try the 'walk test' you mentioned previously, in case it still good ?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    Unfortunately we are prohibited from giving out any help or information here regarding engineer or user codes.

trebor66 wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

I have same issue and wondering could you advise please?
    I have successfully removed the battery as per your instructions (thanks!) - when it last was replaced by the engineer he wrote the date (15/8/13). As its only three years old wondering could you help me get the engineer code so I can try the 'walk test' you mentioned previously, in case it still good ?

Thanks

You dont need an engineer code to change the battery on this system.
    If you change the battery simply wait a few minutes then press the star then your user code to see if the fault has cleared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 trebor66

Thanks!

trebor66 wrote: »
    Thanks!

No problem, hope you got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hawthorn500

Thanks for posting photo kennyt. I picked up a replacement battery at maplin for €40 which is probably a ripoff but worth the money when the alarm is beeping all f***in night. Just to say for other new to changing the alarm battery that the alarm sounds when you switch off mains, but changing battery and screwing cover back on takes about a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

Thanks for posting photo kennyt. I picked up a replacement battery at maplin for €40 which is probably a ripoff but worth the money when the alarm is beeping all f***in night. Just to say for other new to changing the alarm battery that the alarm sounds when you switch off mains, but changing battery and screwing cover back on takes about a minute.

€40 for a €12 battery. Certainly was a rip off. Shop around. Check the suppliers list posted on this forum before you buy anything for your alarm. The sensor batteries can be had for sterling £27.30 for a 10 pack on eBay plus p&p. The panel and sensor battery change is about 20 minutes work.

Advertisement