Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pools dublin 15

Options
  • 06-05-2016 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hey folks.

Just looking for a swimming pool around the dublin 15 area for casual use maybe once a week or so. Basically I'm not looking for a pool in a gym but more like a community pool or something to go for the odd swim at the weekends or else during the week at evening times.

I'm on new in the area so haven't a clue of any at all.

Actually more like a pay as you go pool would be perfect!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

National Aquatic Centre. I'm not sure about Coolmine, do you need to be a member?

If you don't want to use there, then closest would be Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

DePaul on the Navan Road do pay as you go swims

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Unfortunately Blanch is very badly server for Pools, The NAC is very expensive for casual users so Coolmine is the only real option. There are 3 pools in the navan road area - 2 in st josephs and the DePaul pool. DePaul and one of the Josephs pools definitely have open swim. The Corpo Pool in Finglas is pretty good but I'm not sure about the open swim options.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

You can pay as you go in Coolmine, it's a public pool.

I certainly wouldn't agree that D15 is poorly served by pools. There's a 50m available albeit expensive and there's the 25m in Coolmine. That's excluding the well bus served Navan Road and the membership pools Ben Dunne Blanch, Castleknock Hotel and Crunch Westmanstown. There's Stewart's Hosptial too if you want to venture over the back roads to Palmerstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Seanie_H wrote: »
    You can pay as you go in Coolmine, it's a public pool.

I certainly wouldn't agree that D15 is poorly served by pools. There's a 50m available albeit expensive and there's the 25m in Coolmine. That's excluding the well bus served Navan Road and the membership pools Ben Dunne Blanch, Castleknock Hotel and Crunch Westmanstown. There's Stewart's Hosptial too if you want to venture over the back roads to Palmerstown.

I guess it's a matter of opinion but I wouldn't consider one outdated local public pool for over 80,000 people to be a good service. The NAC was not designed as or intended to be a local facility. Even with three private club pools in D15 we are still well behind most comparable areas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Depaul on the navam Rd was recently refurbished.
    Inspire fitness at the deaf centre also are public at the weekend. Its 6.50 with under 5's ( I think) free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

AlanG wrote: »
    The NAC was not designed as or intended to be a local facility. Even with three private club pools in D15 we are still well behind most comparable areas.

I never thought we were, I always thought we were much better served than a lot of Dublin.

Advertisement