Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make a difference make Blanchardstown the location for the childrens hospital

Options
  • 06-05-2016 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

<snip>

Sign the petition if you would like the national childrens hospital in Dublin 15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Signed and I also recently helped out at the Blanchardstown Centre to collect signatures for the petition. We got 11,890 signatures over the course of the weekend from Friday-Sunday. People were so supportive and shocked that St. Jame's was getting the go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Signed.

We have enough hospitals in the city.

Blanch is a great location.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Signed.

Hopefully i'll never need the hospital but Blanchardstown just makes sense-for everyone in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

If you have facebook or Twitter put it up there to get more

January wrote: »
    Signed and I also recently helped out at the Blanchardstown Centre to collect signatures for the petition. We got 11,890 signatures over the course of the weekend from Friday-Sunday. People were so supportive and shocked that St. Jame's was getting the go ahead.

Did you contact our local representatives to sign ?

• Advertisement

Did you contact our local representatives to sign ?

Yes, all local councillors and TD's emailed. I encourage you to do the same if you haven't already, the more voices the more likely they'll sign. I know David McGuinness definitely supports the campaign.

can you put their email addresses up

Ruth Coppinger - ruth.coppinger@oireachtas.ie
    Joan Burton - joan.burton@oireachtas.ie
    Leo Varadkar - leo.varadkar@oireachtas.ie
    Jack Chambers - jack.chambers@outlook.com

Councillors email addresses on this link -

http://www.fingal.ie/your-council/your-local-councillors/

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

While I personally agree that locating the children's hospital is the only sensible option and am bemused that those in charge think that James' is a better site, I'm afraid it's a general site rule that we don't allow Boards to be used for gathering signatures for petitions, votes for stuff, etc. Therefore I've no choice but to remove the link in the OP, although obviously a quick Google should find it easily enough for those who want to sign it. Alternatively people may want to put the link in their sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

January wrote: »

Use jack.chambers@oir.ie (or jack.chambers@oireachtas.ie also works) rather than the outlook to make sure it is read.

• Advertisement
Advertisement