Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carving blanks

• 06-05-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭

I'm looking for a supplier of small hardwood carving blanks or offcuts for craft projects. I'm located in Galway but can travel. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭timfromtang

Rolllo wrote: »
    I'm looking for a supplier of small hardwood carving blanks or offcuts for craft projects. I'm located in Galway but can travel. Any recommendations?
    I may be able to help, do you wish dried blanks? sizes desired? species? am located in the midlands.
    pm me if you wish to talk further
    tim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Hi Tim, thanks for the reply. I've since managed to get a hold of enough pieces for my current projects but I appreciate the offer. Would it be ok to PM you down the line sometime if I need more? Or I can just put another post up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭timfromtang

Rolllo wrote: »
    Hi Tim, thanks for the reply. I've since managed to get a hold of enough pieces for my current projects but I appreciate the offer. Would it be ok to PM you down the line sometime if I need more? Or I can just put another post up here.

Sure myself or my successor will be here, and the forest too, it is likely that down the line we will have similar or indeed more variety of pieces of timber on offer, for many purposes.

tim

we've just finished sawing a load of larch boards for a building on the historic hill of Uisneach nearby, for example.

Advertisement