Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting out

Options
  • 06-05-2016 1:13pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What do you think folks, are the hail stones done with for the year? I've a number of courgettes, peas and sweetcorn grown from seed and thinking of planting them outside over the weekend. By rights they should be out by now but if I'd done so last weekend they'd be wrecked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

Peas and sweetcorn should be OK I would think, but courgettes are a bit more delicate so I'd keep them protected for a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Courgettes do not like cold, is a bit too early for them i would have thought, I'm sowing mine this weekend with the intention of planting out at the end of June. I started earlier last year and they never recovered from the cold in May, whereas others started later in previous years thrived when planted out later.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement