Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a call from someone wanting to make an appointment to reduce phone bills?

Options
  • 06-05-2016 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

Just called back an 085 number that I missed a call on the landline and spoke to a guy that was telling me how I'd have noticed that my call charges from Eircom had gone up in the last few months and then gone down again. The long and short of it seemed to be that he wanted to make an appointment to call to see about lowering my phone bill. Some of what he said hinted that he worked for Eircom but when challenged had a good patter to explain that he hadn't said that and didn't work for Eircom.

So he called the wrong person as our bill is not much more than the exorbitant line rental so no chance of reducing it and we have no mobile coverage in the area.

Anyone else get these calls and what are they selling?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

my3cents wrote: »
    Just called back an 085 number that I missed a call on the landline and spoke to a guy that was telling me how I'd have noticed that my call charges from Eircom had gone up in the last few months and then gone down again. The long and short of it seemed to be that he wanted to make an appointment to call to see about lowering my phone bill. Some of what he said hinted that he worked for Eircom but when challenged had a good patter to explain that he hadn't said that and didn't work for Eircom.

So he called the wrong person as our bill is not much more than the exorbitant line rental so no chance of reducing it and we have no mobile coverage in the area.

Anyone else get these calls and what are they selling?
    Hi  my3cents,

Thanks for getting in touch.

eir employees would not make outbound calls from 085 numbers, if you are ever in doubt about about this you can request a contact landline number from the agent and you should be able to call them back.

-Pamela 

Advertisement