Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progesterone levels

Options
  • 06-05-2016 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    I'm just wondering if anybody would have any more information on this. I'm 6w +1 day today but I got bloods done on the 12th April before I discovered I was pregnant. It was day 20 of my cycle and my progesterone levels were 8.6. Is this quite low and should I be worried? I have antiphospholipid syndrome and am talking innohep injections daily and aspirin. I could be just over worrying!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Kantava

Progesterone should be tested at 7 days past ovulation, as it is released by the corpus luteum after ovulation. On other parts of your cycle it can be hard to interpret. So there is no way to tell if your level is low or not. If you ovulated later, its probably fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Kantava

Do you know when you ovulated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Kantava wrote: »
    Do you know when you ovulated?
    Haven't a clue! My cycles have been all over the place recently

Advertisement