Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why have I been charged when my account was cancelled?

Options
  • 06-05-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I cancelled my account and ceased receiving service on the 25th March last.

However going through my recent bank statement, I note that a direct debit was taken by eir on 01/04/16 for a full month in advance.

This money should not have been taken, could you please confirm how I can receive repayment?

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Tim76 wrote: »
    Hi,

However going through my recent bank statement, I note that a direct debit was taken by eir on 01/04/16 for a full month in advance.

This money should not have been taken, could you please confirm how I can receive repayment?

Regards
    Hi Tim76,

Thanks for getting in touch. :)

The account should be closed 30 days after receipt of written cancellation notice. 
    You will then be issued a final and closing bill for the account, if your account is in credit you will be able to see this on the final bill and our customer care team on 1901 will be more than happy to arrange a cheque refund for you.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Hi,

Regards
    Hi Tim76,

The account should be closed 30 days after receipt of written cancellation notice. 
    You will then be issued a final and closing bill for the account, if your account is in credit you will be able to see this on the final bill and our customer care team on 1901 will be more than happy to arrange a cheque refund for you.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I called eir on 15th April and was told that I would be issued a cheque. However, as of today a month later I still have not received anything.

Regards,

Tim76

Hi,

Regards
    Hi Tim76,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I called eir on 15th April and was told that I would be issued a cheque. However, as of today a month later I still have not received anything.

Regards,

Tim76
    I'm sorry to hear you have not received this yet, Can you PM me your account number and I will look into this. 

- Pamela 

Hi,

Regards
    Hi Tim76,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim76
    I'm sorry to hear you have not received this yet, Can you PM me your account number and I will look into this. 

- Pamela 
    The account number is 18184887

Hi,

Regards
    Hi Tim76,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim76

- Pamela 
    Thanks Tim76,

Did you return the modem? This charge is related to a modem.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hi,

Regards
    Hi Tim76,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim76

- Pamela 
    Thanks Tim76,

-Pamela 
    I returned the modem the modem via freepost on 19th April as agreed with [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Laura from the customer care team on 15th April last. [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP have you checked with your bank if its not too late to reverse the unauthorised Direct Debit and get your money back that way. 

Hi,

Regards
    Hi Tim76,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim76

- Pamela 
    Thanks Tim76,

-Pamela 
    I returned the modem the modem via freepost on 19th April as agreed with [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Laura from the customer care team on 15th April last. [/font]
    No problem Tim76,

I have taken a look into this and your check has been issued today. It will be with you in 5 to 10 working days.

-Pamela 

Advertisement