Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio - New Project

• 06-05-2016 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice there. I'm going to take on a new project for the summer and build a retaining wall and patio in the back garden.

There is McMahons and Heithon Buckleys. Is there anywhere else I can source
    1. Good quality patio slabs
    2. Bricks for a retaining wall, both ones requiring mortar and those that don't.
    2. Hardcore bedding for the patio

If anyone has any experience in building their own and where they sourced the material can they let me know?

Thanks for the help
    James

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I went direct to a quarry up in Doolin. Look up Doolin Grey Limestone for some pictures. Think it was around 30-35 per sq meter.
    Another option is Roadstone out the Dublin road where you'll get the likes of Indian sandstone.

For hardcore again you're aswell off going direct to a quarry, we got ours from Lynchs in Croom.

Both of the above delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Ask Roadstone out past Castleconnell if they have any damaged pallets of stone as they sell them off sometimes and there might be only one or two unuseable pieces in the pile.

Advertisement