Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking power/light sockets

Options
  • 06-05-2016 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭

I am just looking for a quote to track cables into a solid wall, and replaster. Small 2 bed semi. Approx 6 light switches and 8 power sockets in total.
    I was wondering how much I should be looking to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

If they are run surface it won't just be a matter of tracking the wall. The boxes will also need to be changed. It could be a case of redoing much of the work. Are you in the north or the south? (The term "tracking" is frequently used in the north - if the installation is in the north then concealed cables would need to be RCD protected or run in earthed metallic conduit or SWA etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Risteard81 wrote: »
    If they are run surface it won't just be a matter of tracking the wall. The boxes will also need to be changed. It could be a case of redoing much of the work. Are you in the north or the south? (The term "tracking" is frequently used in the north - if the installation is in the north then concealed cables would need to be RCD protected or run in earthed metallic conduit or SWA etc.)
    Thanks so much for coming back to me. I am in dublin. Do you know ballpark what work like that might cost?

Just to update, someone is doing this for 930 euro over 2 days. That included adding light socket tracking Approx 7 plugs and 7 light switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

gmisk wrote: »

Just to update, someone is doing this for 930 euro over 2 days. That included adding light socket tracking Approx 7 plugs and 7 light switches.
    Sounds very reasonable to me.

Sounds very reasonable to me.
    I thought so too, he has done a very good job as well, very little dust and been cleaning as he went.

• Advertisement
Advertisement