Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght Hospital Charity Cycle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

I get a broken link... Is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

Seems ok at the moment.

This seems to be working fine.

88 registered now!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

Signed up to do this, may as well considering it's 2 mins from the house

Not alot of info on the Web page. where exactly is the sign up.. is it in the hospital grounds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Any chance you get a free 99 at the end or perhaps it's just me that saw 99km and a 99 sprung to mind :D

jober wrote: »
    Signed up to do this, may as well considering it's 2 mins from the house

Not alot of info on the Web page. where exactly is the sign up.. is it in the hospital grounds?

If you have registered you should receive an information pack. On the day itself sign on and getting your jersey, food etc will be in the main reception area of the hospital beside the shop and coffee dock.
    For further information summer99@amnch.ie

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Any chance you get a free 99 at the end or perhaps it's just me that saw 99km and a 99 sprung to mind :D

That's an idea I'll bet they haven't properly considered:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is this pre register only or can I sign up and pay on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

That's an idea I'll bet they haven't properly considered:)

Certainly worth some serious consideration :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I'd already signed up for this... who is doing the jerseys? Anyone know?

Last year they were from poweronsports.ie

For anyone considering this spin:

I emailed the address above tonight (and got a response within 30 mins).

Registration closes tomorrow (15th) and there is no registration on the day. So sign up now if you're interested.

88 registered now!

Hopefully it'll reach 99 :D

crosstownk wrote: »
    Hopefully it'll reach 99 :D
    110 now:)

I went on this spin today. I'm not one for many sportive type events but to me this one seemed well run and organised. Decent food at the feed station in Blessington and nice grub and bottle of Heineken back at the hospital at the finish.

A great bunch of people participated and chatting helped pass the kms.

Fair play to all who organised it. I'll be participating again next year.

I had two firsts today:

1. It was the first time I ended up in hospital after a cycle (just for food, thankfully :D )
    2. It was the first time I've ever been given beer in a hospital.......... I drank it before someone changed their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cjonesy1

bottle of Heineken back at the hospital at the finish

I don't consider myself too PC or anything, but was there really a bottle of alcohol given after a cycle to raise money for a hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cjonesy1

bottle of Heineken back at the hospital at the finish

I don't consider myself too PC or anything, but was there really a bottle of alcohol given after a cycle to raise money for a hospital?

edit: in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

Done this today . friendly bunch of people. Fair play to all involved
    .. was chatting to a lad in boards shorts on the second half
    I was just ahead of the poor lad that ended up in the ditch coming down the hill at ballysmutton just a few scrapes and cuts nothing to serious

enjoyed my bottle of beer and curry at the end

Great turnout and atmosphere today I spotted one Boardsie ahead of me wearing the newest shorts and an post jersey but was waiting on a friend so couldnt catch up to say hello.

Was talking to that guy who went across into the ditch he was lucky one of my friends saw it and said it looked worse. There was one other spill from what I heard one of the Docs but he is ok.
    Thankfully all made it back intact.

I was wearing my Boards Jacket when I registered this morning but there were not too many around at that stage. Had to go to the rain jacket when we got off the N81.
    Thanks to you guys for turning out.
    Always proud of Boardsies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Did this today and it was good fun! Met crosstownk pre-reg and rolled out just after 9:15, I think. We did a fair bit of it together or in close proximity.

It was one of those more "organised" Sportives (which freak me out a tad), in the sense that there were groups and stuff, rather than just roll out, and get home. I think there were four groups of about 30.

The Ladies at the "A" reg Desk were good craic and full of banter. As were all the volunteers and the Garda to. The food at the stop in Blessington was very good and the food at the end was top notch. Chicken curry or Chicken ala King?

I had both on either side of my plate, separated by rice, and as the server said, "There's always one" :/ Both were lovely and served up in the Hospital Canteen.

And yes, there was a bottle of beer to be had with the meal at the end, or a glass of red/white wine, if you didn't want water/Fanta etc.

Great day out, with great company. Will do again next year, all going well.

Well done to the organisers, volunteers and motor cycle Garda peeps.

Advertisement