Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPOS system

Options
  • 06-05-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

Hi, trying to do some research on budget epos systems and the range is just staggering making it difficult to know where to start. Hoping someone might recommend one

Looking for the following
    1) multi shop capabilities
    2) import large database of products (10k to 15k products)
    3) sales tracking and reporting
    4) barcode scanning
    5) cash drawer functionality
    6) customer order tracking

Ideally I'm looking to just a cheap off the shelf product most likely cloud based. Happy to buy hardware separately if needed.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

There's tons and tons that do all that now at a relatively low price depending on how many locations you are looking at. We used http://www.getpose.com it's a little more than others but I found the UI a lot more intuitive and the customer service is absolutely superb they would go to any length to help solve issues. The CRM system on it was excellent for us that would be a big strength of it because that was missing on a lot of the other products I tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Homework question?

Multiple shops, 10-15k products and you want a cheap system?

Doomed from the start.

If you are being serious and really do have multiple locations and 10k products, a proper mid range epos system will save you thousands every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Thanks both.

I'll check out getepos

The system we are looking at (replacing a 15 yr old system) is coming in st 50k. For what this does, it just feels to me like it must be possible to do this off the shelf for a lot lot less. Will keep looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

padser wrote: »
    Thanks both.

I'll check out getepos

The system we are looking at (replacing a 15 yr old system) is coming in st 50k. For what this does, it just feels to me like it must be possible to do this off the shelf for a lot lot less. Will keep looking
    50k - crikey.

We use ICR Touch. About 3000 products and 6 sites. Machines circa 1500 each, back office software about 5k.

http://www.comcalsystems.com/ - decent guys, small operation and very hands on.

Advertisement