Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona

Options
  • 06-05-2016 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone!

I'm looking at doing my first ever solo trip and I'm thinking of Barcelona. I was wondering what exactly is the best area to stay in? I'm looking at going for 4 nights so want to maximise my time there. I'll be using public transport to get around.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Great city, easy to get around. Try to get accommodation close enough to Las Ramblas so you're central enough. Try to stay off busy bar streets though as it can be quite noisy at night.
    We hired a studio when we were there. It was about 10 mins from Las Ramblas and same from nearest subway station, but we didn't have huge luggage. Easy to get around with public transport. We did a lot of walking seeing the Gaudi architecture and walking tours. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

El Born is a nicer area than anything around the Ramblas - which is probably the worst spot for street hassles - pickpockets etc (don't want to blow this out of proportion, but it is a consideration). Nice and central for the Gothic quarter, park, walk down to the beach, and the Ramblas. Fantastic city with lots to do, see, and loads of great little spots to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Thanks for the tips :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Get yourself a T10 travel ticket which is dead cheap at around €10.

Works from the airport on the RENFE trains.
    Can be used by multiple persons at the same time

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/transport/t10/00-t10.html

Advertisement