Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

printing address labels

Options
  • 06-05-2016 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

How does one print address like these on printer from the computer? I mean how are they lined up so the address is properly on the label? I would not be printing whole pages at a time like the video in he link

It is an epson sx435w

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Been a while since I've done it but Avery in the past at least supplied a utility for printing.

Here it is:
    http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates%20&%20Software/Software/Avery-Design--Print.htm?int_id=DPOstartpage-DPOsoftwaredownload

I used it for their round CD labels, worked quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,681 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Microsoft Word also has templates included once you know the sticker print size and spec you can select it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

You should be able to select "Envolopes & Labels" tab in word and like above you can select your label size after that. You could also print directly onto the envolopes using your printer and remove the labels from the equation altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rucksack

ED E wrote: »
    Been a while since I've done it but Avery in the past at least supplied a utility for printing.

Here it is:
    http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates%20&%20Software/Software/Avery-Design--Print.htm?int_id=DPOstartpage-DPOsoftwaredownload

I used it for their round CD labels, worked quite well.
    Thanks
    It says work without internet connection but it would not open for me unless i let it connect so i got rid. They do not need to know what i print or have an email to give me a 'free' program

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

rucksack wrote: »
    They do not need to know what i print

I doubt they'd care.
    rucksack wrote: »
    give me a 'free' program

A lot of 'free' programs require some kind of sign-up. I have a specific email address for this purpose. They can send all their advertising to that one.

mordeith wrote: »
    I doubt they'd care.

A lot of 'free' programs require some kind of sign-up. I have a specific email address for this purpose. They can send all their advertising to that one.
    that is not the point there is some reason they want an email and it won't work until online

i have a specific address for advertising too for when advertising is part of the deal.But i do not deal with such 'free' programs on principle, if others want to fine , i don't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I might be able to offer some advice here.

There are two schools of thought on label printing.
    Method 1. Use your own printer to print A4 sticker labels (like Avery labels)
    Method 2. Get a dedicated USB label printer something like this:
    330.jpg

I've worked with both and there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Method 1. Using the A4 Avery type labels is excellent for when you are doing large mailshots, or you need to print large numbers of the same labels. The templates are downloadable in word format, there's even an online site that I use that would create a PDF label file for me when I type in the dimensions of the labels. However, if you need to print SINGLE labels, this is a complete pain. You will end up having to print out full sheets just to get the one label.

Also can be awkward issues having to learn how to put the labels in the printer correctly, ensuring that the labels are compatible with your printer, ensuring (if it's a shared printer) that you have your labels in the printer when the job is run (and nobody else prints their excel sheet to your labels).

Method 2. This is ideal if you are printing out single labels. I have a Dymo label printer and it comes with it's own excellent software that lets you format the font and styling of the label. Simple and convenient. BUT you do have to buy their overpriced labels, and they can be expensive.

In all scenarios, other than where a person is doing a mailshots or large numbers of labels, I would recommend a label printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I actually find it grand printing a single label from a partially used A4 sheet. Just my 2c.

I use avery labels + openoffice. All the templates are already in there, you just select, put the address in and hit print.

Khannie wrote: »
    I actually find it grand printing a single label from a partially used A4 sheet. Just my 2c.

I use avery labels + openoffice. All the templates are already in there, you just select, put the address in and hit print.
    How do you stick it ob? Sellotape? I have open office too i will check out its label templates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Khannie wrote: »

I used to do that before I got a proper label printer. Only problem with this was that the sellotape lifts after a couple of days with the changes in temperature. But this is very handy for labelling cables and the like.

And I have used it when I need to get an address label on a jiffy bag or letter in a hurry. Just print off the address on an A4 sheet, then cut out address and stick it to the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

If you have Office and sheet of labels (list of vendors listed in Label Options and templates listed in Product number ) of any supported size, you can print 1, 2, ....30 or all sheet in a go and you can select any row and any column

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

And you can get something like...:D

Advertisement