Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Change - Guidance

Options
  • 06-05-2016 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

I am in my early 30's and I am hoping to change career and move to Galway. I have pretty good qualifications ranging from IT, Business, Education but would like a career change. I'm not 100% sure what the next move is and I am seeking guidance on this. However, my searches to date have led to online questionnaires to suggest a career (psychometric career test), people offering consultation services are high rates, etc.

Does anyone have any real experience with any online tests, consultants, recruiters, etc. who can really offer advice on a career change? I need some guidance on what the ideal career / industry would be for me. Any reviews or experiences would be gratefully appreciated.

:confused:
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

IMO the best career test is the 16 pf (personality factor)

This test attempts to measure

1. Interests
    2. Personality
    3. Apititude

These are the key ingredients when making a solid career choice...

The 16 pf is expensive enough to buy and I think it takes about an hour to do plus more time to score it.

Google John Hollands personality types - an interesting theory about the link between personality and suitability / link to vocational areas.

Good career guidance involves a counselling relationship / skilled listening ear to help you tease out and process any information that tests offer

Best of luck

Advertisement