Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Shoes - Schuh

Options
  • 06-05-2016 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    I bought some DC shoes from Schuh back at the end of March and have worn them for office work since mid April. I've noticed that one of the soles isn't in it properly and the other one cuts my foot around the toe so they're bad shoes. They cost me €70 so they weren't cheap and this shouldn't be happening. Would either DC or Schuh be obliged to replace the shoes with ones that aren't broken or am I just out €70?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Your contract is with the retailer so that would be your first port of call. If they don't help then you could try the manufacturer direct but I would expect the shop to help. Make sure you bring in proof of purchase with the shoes when you take them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

From their website:

Returns Policy (including Sale items)

We hope you love your new schuh purchase. If you’re unhappy with the goods for any reason, please return your item to us with your receipt. We’re happy to offer a refund or exchange on unused items returned within 365 days. If the item is faulty we’re happy to offer a refund or exchange where available. As we do not offer a fitting service (with the exception of Schuh Kids) please ensure your footwear is entirely suitable before use. This is in addition to, and does not affect your consumer rights. Full terms and conditions can be found on our terms and conditions page.

Please Note: Due to hygiene reasons, we are unable to accept the return of socks when removed from their original packaging.

Returns to our High Street Stores

You’ll need to take:

Your confirmation emailThe credit/debit card used to pay for the order (if applicable)Your returns form

Check our Store Info page for store locations and opening times.

Edit to add they are normally accommodating if you have a good reason to return as faulty, as you seem to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Hiwazup

moleyv wrote: »
    From their website:

Returns Policy (including Sale items)

We hope you love your new schuh purchase. If you’re unhappy with the goods for any reason, please return your item to us with your receipt. We’re happy to offer a refund or exchange on unused items returned within 365 days. If the item is faulty we’re happy to offer a refund or exchange where available. As we do not offer a fitting service (with the exception of Schuh Kids) please ensure your footwear is entirely suitable before use. This is in addition to, and does not affect your consumer rights. Full terms and conditions can be found on our terms and conditions page.

Please Note: Due to hygiene reasons, we are unable to accept the return of socks when removed from their original packaging.

Returns to our High Street Stores

You’ll need to take:

Your confirmation emailThe credit/debit card used to pay for the order (if applicable)Your returns form

Check our Store Info page for store locations and opening times.

Edit to add they are normally accommodating if you have a good reason to return as faulty, as you seem to have.

I'm blind! Looked over that a load of times and never noticed that they said faulty. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,033 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Schuh are quite good on these things but they will replace first if in stock - possibly even by posting them to you if they're in stock in Scotland but not here.

The non-cow (canvas rather than leather or suede) DCs are bloody terrible from experience - I've had lots of the dead cow ones and a few of the others and have gone back to the cows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Hiwazup wrote: »
    Hi,
    I bought some DC shoes from Schuh back at the end of March and have worn them for office work since mid April. I've noticed that one of the soles isn't in it properly and the other one cuts my foot around the toe so they're bad shoes. They cost me €70 so they weren't cheap and this shouldn't be happening. Would either DC or Schuh be obliged to replace the shoes with ones that aren't broken or am I just out €70?
    Thanks.

All feet are different - so difficult to say they are "bad" shoes. Possibly you have gone from wearing casual shoes a lot to now a more dressy style where the shape and style fo teh shoe is as important in fitting as the size

Did you not notice the issue when you tried them on initially?

The sole part not in properly - is this the insole? If so, that can be corrected very easily.

On the other one cutting the foot - you need to find why its cutting the foot. Possibly the leather just needs to be softened, possibly is some stitching. Possibly they just are not fitting your feet.

Certainly get them to check it out, or bring them to a shoe repairer for an opinion - but don't say they are "bad shoes".

I was in the shoe business many years ago. Visited factories in Italy and selected ranges for a UK chain. The number of shoe lasts (shapes) or just a single size would amaze you because even if every customer was a size 38, you'd still need a selection of lasts to ensure your range suited the foot shape of the customer.

Whereas on casual shoes, due to the softness of materials, they can conform to many shapes of feet without problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Had the same issue with the same brand from schuh and they just replaced them

Advertisement