Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connected, but not really.

Options
  • 06-05-2016 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I made an inquiry about getting a line connected at my office on the 29th of April. I explained to the rep that there used to be a phone line connected in the office and that the eircom box was damaged by the previous tenants....5 years ago. I said that there were a number of offices in the building, so I could not be sure about which line to activate. Before I knew it, the rep was creating an activation, telling me it would be about €20 (can't recall exact sum) and that a fault would be reported on the line for a technician to call out and get it sorted. I asked what sort of packages were available and he said once the line was set up, I would be able to choose a good package. I was in a bit of a rush, so just let it be. No mention of contracts or fees or anything else.

Fast forward to today and I called customer care to find out what the situation was, as I had heard nothing. Apparently the line has been activated since the 29th. However, I have no idea what line has been activated, because I am sure there are a few lines in the building. I explained to the CC rep that there were about a dozen offices in the building and any line could have been activated. I was asked if I could connect a phone to the box, but had to explain again that the box was not functional. I was put through to another department to report the fault, but the order ID was not sufficient to report a fault. To be honest, I can't see the point in reporting a fault on a line I don't know about. I was passed back to CC and I was then cut off. Calling back to run through the same thing was not an option, as I had a client waiting and I had wasted plenty of time trying to resolve the issue. I'm annoyed by this. An active line exists in my business name and I don't know where it is.

9527225P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

goz83 wrote: »
    I made an inquiry about getting a line connected at my office on the 29th of April. I explained to the rep that there used to be a phone line connected in the office and that the eircom box was damaged by the previous tenants....5 years ago. I said that there were a number of offices in the building, so I could not be sure about which line to activate. Before I knew it, the rep was creating an activation, telling me it would be about €20 (can't recall exact sum) and that a fault would be reported on the line for a technician to call out and get it sorted. I asked what sort of packages were available and he said once the line was set up, I would be able to choose a good package. I was in a bit of a rush, so just let it be. No mention of contracts or fees or anything else.

Fast forward to today and I called customer care to find out what the situation was, as I had heard nothing. Apparently the line has been activated since the 29th. However, I have no idea what line has been activated, because I am sure there are a few lines in the building. I explained to the CC rep that there were about a dozen offices in the building and any line could have been activated. I was asked if I could connect a phone to the box, but had to explain again that the box was not functional. I was put through to another department to report the fault, but the order ID was not sufficient to report a fault. To be honest, I can't see the point in reporting a fault on a line I don't know about. I was passed back to CC and I was then cut off. Calling back to run through the same thing was not an option, as I had a client waiting and I had wasted plenty of time trying to resolve the issue. I'm annoyed by this. An active line exists in my business name and I don't know where it is.

9527225P
    Hi  goz83,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear this. I understand this must be quite confusing and I will have this flagged with the agent that issued this order.

I will PM you the line number that should be active. You can check the line number by plugging a phone into the socket and dialling 199000, an automated voice should then call you back the number allocated to the line.

In larger buildings you might need to run the line up internally from the distribution point. The distribution point is usually located in the basement or comms room.

If you are still unable please do let me know via PM and I can arrange to have a technician attend the premises to tag the line for you.

-Pamela  

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I will PM you the line number that should be active. You can check the line number by plugging a phone into the socket and dialling 199000, an automated voice should then call you back the number allocated to the line.
    You need your morning coffee Pamela, he's already stated twice that the MDP is in a state of disrepair and has no way to test the circuit for a DT. 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

9527225P
    Hi  goz83,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear this. I understand this must be quite confusing and I will have this flagged with the agent that issued this order.

In larger buildings you might need to run the line up internally from the distribution point. The distribution point is usually located in the basement or comms room.

If you are still unable please do let me know via PM and I can arrange to have a technician attend the premises to tag the line for you.

-Pamela  
    Hi Pamela,

As I mentioned in the PM, the line is connected and I received my UAN should I choose to take a service elsewhere. Can you confirm:

1) The best price for unlimited calls to national landlines and mobiles, plus the "up to" 12mb broadband? The price Anna gave me was €60 ex vat per month. Vodafone are offering €45 and €35 for first 6 months.

2) There will only be the line activation fee, as said by your colleague Stephen. I would not have agreed to a line activation at all if I was to be charged for a technician and I made this clear when I called to ask about a line.

9527225P
    Hi  goz83,

-Pamela  
    Hi Pamela,

As I mentioned in the PM, the line is connected and I received my UAN should I choose to take a service elsewhere. Can you confirm:

1) The best price for unlimited calls to national landlines and mobiles, plus the "up to" 12mb broadband? The price Anna gave me was €60 ex vat per month. Vodafone are offering €45 and €35 for first 6 months.

2) There will only be the line activation fee, as said by your colleague Stephen. I would not have agreed to a line activation at all if I was to be charged for a technician and I made this clear when I called to ask about a line.
    That's great to hear  goz83,

At the minute the reactivation price of the line is €20.65 and line rental monthly is €20.96. All prices are quoted ex VAT. 

Unfortunately I would be unable to advise of plans from here however our business team would be more than happy to explore your options on 1800601701. You can also see the different options available to you here https://business.eir.ie/broadband/advantage-bundles/

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Can you confirm there are not engineer fees on my account

• Advertisement

Can you confirm there are not engineer fees on my account
    There hasn't been a bill issued on your account yet goz83 so I would be unable to check the charges.

-Pamela 

Advertisement