Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Subject for the leaving cert???

Options
  • 06-05-2016 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi my name is Fergal and I am a fifth year student. It's coming close to summer and I do 7 subject 2 of which are ordinary. I'm thinking of taking up a subject on my own to have 6 higher level.
    I'm just wondering which subject would I have the best chance at and why? I really want to do this.

My leaving cert subjects are Irish, English, Maths, History, Business, Biology and Home Ec.

All comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭luftmensch

Fergal 650 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Fergal and I am a fifth year student. It's coming close to summer and I do 7 subject 2 of which are ordinary. I'm thinking of taking up a subject on my own to have 6 higher level.
    I'm just wondering which subject would I have the best chance at and why? I really want to do this.

My leaving cert subjects are Irish, English, Maths, History, Business, Biology and Home Ec.

All comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

You could try economics. I'm in leaving cert and only took it up as an extra subject in September. The course is quite short and there is a lot of choice on the paper. The exam is also reasonably predictable. Since you're doing business, there may also be a slight bit of overlap between the two.

Any reason you're not doing a language?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fergal 650

Thanks, the reason for no language is basically because I'm not good at them. I did french for my leaving cert but it wasn't for me. I know there is restrictions now on what courses I can do but there was no way I was doing French.
    By the way thanks for suggestng Economics, I've looked at it a bit but I dunno I don't think I'll take that one on but thanks anyway.
    Fergal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

What's your best subject? What kind of course do you want to do next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Are Irish and Maths your ordinary level subjects? i.e. no point recommending physics or applied maths if you find maths difficult in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian1999

i would suggest ag science as it overlaps with biology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Instead of taking up an extra subject, use the lower workload you have to get higher grades in your higher level subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

I did economics as an eight subject, nice short course and found it quite handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

If you play an instrument or can sing, you should consider Music.

Advertisement