Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norwich vs Manchester United 7/5/16 k/o 12.45 BT 1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    It will be a travesty if United get fourth. Brutal performance.

Boo-hoo :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Close from Memphis!!

The man needs a goal- his confidence must be rock bottom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Boo-hoo :p

Seriously though it doesn't bode well for English teams in Europe if this is the quality of performance representing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Seriously though it doesn't bode well for English teams in Europe if this is the quality of performance representing them.

They won't be playing like this under Jose though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

3 vital points I suppose. Awful stuff in the second half and sounds like I was blessed to miss the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Pfft there's a chance 8th place in the league will be playing CL. Wouldn't worry about United's performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Leicester City are the Champions that's how bad the standard is in England these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

astradave wrote: »
    They won't be playing like this under Jose though ;)

Wasn't the same said when Van Gaal first arrived after Moyes was booted though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Wasn't the same said when Van Gaal first arrived after Moyes was booted though?

Yep, you're right. Nothing can change this United side. They are just abjectly **** forever because reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Well that was ****ing awful,but the win is all that's important now. Just 3 more games left with this fraud.

Juan is a class act,one of the most likeable footballers there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Just 3 more games left with this fraud.
    I wouldn't bank on it unfortunately...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Well that was a load of rubbish but 3 lovely points all the same.
    Big shout out to the readers, thanking posts but not posting unless Norwich scored. Your absence is sweet :)

• Andre 3000 wrote: »

latest?cb=20121215223327

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Travesty ha...they've won only one game less than Spurs, Arsenal and City and the table won't lie at the end of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nalz wrote: »
    Travesty ha...they've won only one game less than Spurs, Arsenal and City and the table won't lie at the end of the day

Very true, if United finish 4th then they deserve Champions League, simple as that. All the top teams have been very poor this season though and if 4th and a FA Cup win keeps LVG in a job I'd be very annoyed if I was a United fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Johner wrote: »
    Very true, if United finish 4th then they deserve Champions League, simple as that. All the top teams have been very poor this season though and if 4th and a FA Cup win keeps LVG in a job I'd be very annoyed if I was a United fan.

I believe Mourinho will be our Manager in a few weeks no matter what happens.

Johner wrote: »

I would be extremely surprised if his future isn't decided already. A couple of games at the end of the season will not be what decides it IMO.

Utd on a serious run now. Van Gaal is obviously doing something right. Deserves a crack at next season if he gets top 4 and wins a cup. Surely a successful season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Utd on a serious run now. Van Gaal is obviously doing something right. Deserves a crack at next season if he gets top 4 and wins a cup. Surely a successful season

The Arsenal thread is thatway->

Some "teams" might see that as successful but unless United are winning the Champions League or the Premier league then its not success.

The rest of the cups are a bonus. But in no way classified as success.

• RoboKlopp wrote: »

Embarrassing post, but not surprising. A serious run?

At least the post has more than 5 words this time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

It's no wonder some clubs will go so long without winning a league title when their fans have such low expectations. :)

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Maybe for some teams but unless your winning the League no season is successful.

Some "teams" might see that as successful but unless United are winning the Champions League or the Premier league then its not success.

The rest of the cups are a bonus. But in no way classified as success.

With the current Utd squad 4th and a cup would be a very good season. The years of dominating are over a few years now.

Leicester and Spurs were on a different level this season.

Teams in inverted commas doesn't make sense. Surely they are all teams.

With the current Utd squad 4th and a cup would be a very good season. The years of dominating are over a few years now.

Even more hilarious when you u-turn and try and pretend you are being serious

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Really good chance of top 4. Most Utd fans were probably resigned to missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Between the Doping thread and these Posts ya lost the Plot ;)

Coming 2nd, 3rd or 4th is never a success no matter how you look at it for United.

Some teams would think thats a successful season. Maybe even write a book about it

Even more hilarious when you u-turn and try and pretend you are being serious

Point out whats not serious there.

Coming 2nd, 3rd or 4th is never a success no matter how you look at it for United.

Some teams would think thats a successful season. Maybe even write a book about it

In days gone by. Utd aren't top of the pile anymore so qualifying for the champions league and a cup is decent.

• Advertisement

Point out whats not serious there.

"United on a serious run"

It's laughable

"United on a serious run"

It's laughable

3rd in the form table.,Top of the home form table, 16 points from 18. Not bad Mick

I lolled :pac:
    You're only giving him what he wants lads...

In days gone by. Utd aren't top of the pile anymore so qualifying for the champions league and a cup is decent.

Decent is not success.

United thinking - 1st is 1st , 2nd is nothing

Some Other teams thinking - Its not about coming first, Its the taking part what counts!

Decent is not success.

Some Other teams thinking - Its not about coming first, Its the taking part what counts!

Makes zero sense as 4th gets champions league. It's a good soundbite though. Loads of teams could use that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ah lads, he is just trying to rustle yer jimmies and ye are falling for it!

Robo is well aware how poor we are at the moment and that the only reason we are even still in contention for 4th is because the league has been poor this year.

Makes zero sense as 4th gets champions league. It's a good soundbite though. Loads of teams could use that.

Listen, I understand just getting a top 4 and qualifying for CL for Liverpool is an amazingly successful achievement.

But its the minimum expected at United.

If you think minimum is success all good for you.

Ah lads, he is just trying to rustle yer jimmies and ye are falling for it!

Robo is well aware how poor we are at the moment and that the only reason we are even still in contention for 4th is because the league has been poor this year.

Haven't heard that statement in years!

No, just making debate. If Utd were picking up current ppg throughout the season top 4 would be secured now. There has been a vast improvement in results, that can't be disputed

Listen, I understand just getting a top 4 and qualifying for CL for Liverpool is an amazingly successful achievement.

But its the minimum expected at United.

If you think minimum is success all good for you.

Minimum expected for money spent obviously.

It'll ultimately be a successful season though if he can hit both 4th and a trophy.

Interesting reading your post history

United are " Comedy Show" " United are not elite club. Far From it" and " wasting his talents staying at United"

In space of 2 months. That's some turnaround there Robo

• Advertisement

Interesting reading your post history

United are " Comedy Show" " United are not elite club. Far From it" and " wasting his talents staying at United"

In space of 2 months. That's some turnaround there Robo

?

How is any posting history related to the valid points I made above?

Utd have turned it around the past few months which only backs up what I said above. Only 2 teams are in better form Kew

?

How is any posting history related to the valid points I made above?

Utd have turned it around the past few months which only backs up what I said above. Only 2 teams are in better form Kew

That's fair enough.

While we don't have divine right to be top, you would expect United would try be Elite club again like you say.

They ain't doing that under Lvg no matter what anyone says

That's fair enough.

While we don't have divine right to be top, you would expect United would try be Elite club again like you say.

They ain't doing that under Lvg no matter what anyone says

Absolutely.

It's debatable if Utd would win the league under Van Gaal. I'd say no but Leicester won the league this season, Spurs finished 2nd and Chelsea the champions are midtable.

Strengthen the correct areas and no reason Utd couldn't challenge for the league even under Van Gaal. Same goes for a few others obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So what you are saying is that anyone can win the league. Just turn up and give it a lash.

Of course one could argue that Leicster got a good manager, who got the best from his players, played the right tactics to suit the league and the players and the opposition, attacked when required and was defensively strong when required. Got formally average players to play well above themselves.

But you're probably right. They probably just got a few lucky wins and sure if LVG sticks round long enough its bound to happen to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Poor Norwich, they were desperately short of attacking options. The likes of Jerome and Mbokani just were not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The low-level, just inside the rules **** is the most cowardly. Just go balls out and take the piss out of Utd. It isn't like you'll be lacking in material for this year.

The low-level, just inside the rules **** is the most cowardly. Just go balls out and take the piss out of Utd. It isn't like you'll be lacking in material for this year.

Some people have an act to keep up but the mask will always slip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Some people have an act to keep up but the mask will always slip.

Oh Lord. Hilarious.

Decent is not success.

Apparently not a ManU fan before 1993.

Maybe it's my age, but I remember when the odd FA Cup was considered success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Apparently not a ManU fan before 1993.

Maybe it's my age, but I remember when the odd FA Cup was considered success.

So the expectations I had in the 80s should reflect my current expectations ? weird.

Advertisement