Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norwich vs Manchester United 7/5/16 k/o 12.45 BT 1.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Apparently not a ManU fan before 1993.

Maybe it's my age, but I remember when the odd FA Cup was considered success.

If history is in any way relevant, surely the last 10 years would be a better starter point for where United's expecatations should lie, rather than the pre-big money era?

The reality is, United have revenues miles above their domestic rivals, are spending in numbers miles above their domestic rivals and the last 10/15 years tells us that bigger spend on wages and transfer fees directly correlates to league position. So United fans expecting success is a logical end point for this, not some crazy delusions of spoilt fans.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    So the expectations I had in the 80s should reflect my current expectations ? weird.

No no, merely pointing out that the idea that first and first alone is the ManU way is laughable. There were whole decades when they were nowhere near first. It's all about perspective, no demonstrable hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No no, merely pointing out that the idea that first and first alone is the ManU way is laughable. There were whole decades when they were nowhere near first. It's all about perspective, no demonstrable hyperbole.

Fair enough but it was actually 92 not 93 where the expectation to come first started. It just didn't work out the first time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Oh Lord. Hilarious.

What's so funny?
    Edit: Another lad that says something and runs off without backing it up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

What's so funny?
    Edit: Another lad that says something and runs off without backing it up...

Your post showed a mind-melting lack of self awareness and I thought it was hilarious. Happy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Your post showed a mind-melting lack of self awareness and I thought it was hilarious. Happy?

Yeah, top form kid.
    Not sure where you're getting that from though. I'm pretty consistent and up front with my feelings and thoughts on everything. I don't go around pretending otherwise so there's nothing much to find funny there.

Advertisement