Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing computer parts from Newegg

Options
  • 07-05-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys,

Recently I became aware that on Newegg, one of the largest websites selling computer parts, it is possible to select Ireland as location and get the prices in euro. However I was unable to find any more details about their policies so I'm coming here for help:

- has anyone bought from Newegg before from Ireland?
    - is VAT included in the prices?
    - how about import taxes?
    - any idea on how long it takes to receive the packages?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1. Use the search function
    2. Use the search function
    3. Use...

Dont. Basically. You'll be charged 25% extra on top of parts + delivery costs combined so it'll end up the same price or more expensive than Amazon or Mindfactory and if you need to return it its a €50 postage fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

I won a Newegg gift voucher last year and decided to use it.
    Select Ireland as your country and euro as currency.
    If you place an item into your basket and proceed to checkout the import duties etc are calculated and charged upfront.
    My item shipped with a customs stamp on it and I didn't have to pay anything on arrival.
    Delivery was 7 - 8 days.
    Total price was maybe €40 cheaper then amazon UK or others here.
    I always knew returns would be a problem but i took a chance...

Misty

Advertisement