Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight parking at UL? Or other Dublin Coach options?

• 07-05-2016 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am thinking of taking the Dublin Coach bus to Dublin and back with an overnight stay. The question is where to leave the car. Walking from the Station to Arthurs Quay and back is a tad long, the car park at AQ is quite expensive, and there is no car park at the Annacotty stop.

The bus also has a stop in UL, though, and according to the map it seems fairly close to the pay car park.

But will the pay car park permit a car to stay overnight, or would they clamp it? And are there any other workable options for Dublin Coach?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The bus also stops in Annacotty on the Dublin road. I'd be parking in Annacotty village just not Mr Price or Finnegans who both clamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

The question is where in Annacotty I'd be sure not to get clamped, though...

Dublin Coach itself is great but they seemed to pick stops with no safe park and ride locations nearby?

The train is an extra 10 Euro return at best, and Heuston in Dublin is not convenient at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Could you not just get a cab..... Obviously pending where your based

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

MichaelR wrote: »
    The question is where in Annacotty I'd be sure not to get clamped, though...

I'd park up past the Mill Bar. Tonnes of spaces, esp just under the arch. No clamping in operation that I know of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Thanks for the hint re Mill bar!

Re cab - I'm in Patrickswell so this stings a bit, I'd expect about 15 Euro one way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Cab is €12 from Patrickswell village into city centre with Fixed price Taxi's.
    Personally, I'd drive out to Annacotty and park where Hooked suggested.
    If it's a weekend overnight you could park on O'Callaghan Strand where it's Disc-free on Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 patrickstar3

There shouldn't be an issue parking in the UL pay car park. Security are usually far more concerned with clamping students parking in staff car parks rather than keeping track of how long people have parked in pay car parks.
    I don't think there's any restrictions on how long you park in there anyway, as long as it's not anything outrageous like a month, I don't see how they'd have an issue or even notice it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Also Ennis Road is free parking from the Maternity outwards 7 days a week 24 hours a day. Short walk to the bus top also.

Still, shorted walk from Annacoty Village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭ricimaki

You'll be fine parking in UL, as long as you don't park in a staff car park. I've often parked overnight in the east gate car park. Its the first car park on the left when you come in from the white gates near the sports arena, and its free. The pay car park is closer to the bus though, and its not too expensive at €3 (fixed rate, doesn't matter how long you stay).

Advertisement