Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People Gathering at M1 flyover junction 6

Options
  • 07-05-2016 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Lot of people gathered here this morning around 11.30. Some had balloons. Seemed to be waiting on something going northbound. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Seen that myself between the Donabate flyover all the way up to the City North Hotel flyover.I thought they were 6 days late for the Gumball!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Seen that myself between the Donabate flyover all the way up to the City North Hotel flyover.I thought they were 6 days late for the Gumball!!!

I did think that too! Still bemused as to what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 williamsjos

They were there as a mark off respect and to wave a final goodbye to 7 year old Merryn Lacey, who was making her journey to Derry to her final resting place after losing her battle with Neuroblastoma this week.

The reason they were at the Balbriggan bridges was Merryn went to one of the crèches in the area and then to Balbriggan Educate Together. It was one way for some of the parents and children in the community that could not make the journey to say goodbye.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

What a lovely gesture. God rest her.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Wasn't expecting that as reason. God bless her and family. As a father to a 5 & 2 year old that brings a tear to my eye. Rest in peace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement