Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair... caused fault

Options
  • 07-05-2016 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I brought a perfect working iPhone which was dropped and screen smashed and popped slightly out of phone body case to see if it could be repaired. The guy in the shop poked around in it and quoted 90 euro to repair it. After it was repaired 5 hours later it wouldn't turn on. Spoke to shop owner who said if fault didn't relate to screen repair...nothing to do with him ...The issue got worse and worse to the point it's now completely dead. He took it back and replaced the replaced screen , which looked fine to me with another screen...problem continued on. I now have a dead useless phone ...90 euro wasted. Paid 325 elsewhere for it only 6 months ago. Had it sold for 160 but wouldn't sell faulty phone to anyone ...so am at that loss also.
    Correspondence has gone on ...his suggestion is fault had nothing to do with him ..phone wasn't working when it was brought in for screen repair ...however he will give me 90 euro ...only if I return the phone so he can take out the screen he put in and will put back in the broken screen.
    As I say phone was perfect before screen broke. It worked in his shop when we collected it ...5/6 hours it started issue with problems turning it on.
    Why would I knowingly pay 90 euro to repair a phone screen on a phone that I couldn't turn on regularly?
    Have I any comeback with this guy?
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

how do you know it wasnt the fall that caused the second fault?

you dont know it was the repair. you could take the phone to another place and get a written report on what the fault is and if they can tell what caused it.

you could use that report as a basis for small claims count action, if it proves the issue was caused by the repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Could have. It worked when it was returned. I find it strange that a different fault occurred within a few hours ..of having screen replaced. I find it hard to accept that it was not related to the repair.

Great advice re getting report. It would cost more than the repair to take it to court. Obligation would be on me to pay witnesses etc...no doubt shop knows that.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Until you can prove otherwise, its a coincidence. It worked for a while after the repair, so its just as likely to be the result of the fall.

Advertisement