Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GTX 10xx Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

My current thinking is 1070/1080 > €1 I'm in trouble with the wife.

When you order the 1080, order her some nice flowers and a bottle of wine. Sorted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Nvidias RRP is 379 euro so anything under 400 is a purchase for me.

Their price is $379 in America, before tax. You won't get one for €400, I'm expecting closer to €500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

ShaneU wrote: »
    Their price is $379 in America, before tax. You won't get one for €400, I'm expecting closer to €500

I was touting that one too but it seems £312 inc is being bandied about = €406. We might see €500 at launch or close to it but I suspect the lower tier cards will settle into the sub €400 bracket.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Serephucus wrote: »
    Is it? Pretty sure that's only Dollars. Could be wrong though.

Even so, that's in theory. Unfortunately what I was worried about happening has happened: Most manufactures took NVIDIA's pricing and went "Well as long as we're less than that, who cares?!" so almost none of them are pricing things at RRP.

Actually compared to the RRP of £450 and seeing the cheapest card in UK going for £525 has me worried about the 1070 prices.

I quoted 379 was dollars, so yeah, looking at more than 400 euro, probably 450 up which is probably beyond purchase territory for me.

€450 is my magic number. If they're less than €400 tonight it's going in the basket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

ShaneU wrote: »
    Guys, I was chatting with my mate in America (he lived in Kerry for his youth and now works as a software engineer in the USA) and he dropped a bombshell on me.
    That "before tax" thing, is only said in California. EVERY other state in the USA does not put any tax on Hardware, merely they tax the shipping costs (usually, $1-$2). Which is why he only payed $700 for the Founder's Edition (a $1 delivery tax).
    So, we really are being royally f**ked here in the EU by VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Anyone travelling to the US soon want to do a mass Boards buy?

(I'm not joking)

If sitting here waiting turns out to be as anticlimactic as that fecking AMD stream I might cry.

Anyone travelling to the US soon want to do a mass Boards buy?

(I'm not joking)

You better bring a whole suitcase. I'm looking to upgrade a tonne of stuff XD

If sitting here waiting turns out to be as anticlimactic as that fecking AMD stream I might cry.
    I know, I felt kind of bad for Raja, getting up there, English being his second language and then waiting for applause....and no one did.

At least it was better than nVidia's cheerleaders and actors shouting "WHAT'S MORE? HOLY SH!T" etc

• Advertisement

Midnight in Europe, no update on the websites :(

Looks like 3 and 4 way SLI is gone out of the driver. The enthusiast key system has been dumped.

Good. It was absolutely pointless.

NVIDIA said they weren't going to be supporting 3/4-way (read: releasing SLI profiles), so the only way it was going to be used was in benchmark utilities that are coded for it (already a thing), and DX12 games that don't require an NVIDIA specific profile to work, also still a thing.

So actually, nothing has changed with this announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I've got the rest of the bits for a new PC but figure it best to hold out till Monday (at the earliest) to order a 1070. I'll see, I might hold out another week or two beyond that to see how the cards look on release, what the news is, etc.

Oh boy...although I never knew you could OC from the drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I was starting to look at 980s on adverts as a middle ground. I don't really need 1070 performance. Definitely stopped that now, unless someone is going to sell me a 980 for €200 :pac:

I know KFA aren't known for being great but €659 is pretty tempting! Certainly reinforces my €450 budget. If that card was red and black I might have gone for it!

FFS looks like we have to wait for the yanks - I'm going to bed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Founders Edition in US on sale at 450 dollar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I thought the GTX 1070 was out today, is that not the case? I dont see it for sale in the usual places.

Probably on US time or something. It is supposed to be out today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Probably on US time or something. It is supposed to be out today anyway.

I believe Overclockers put up postings for the 1080 around 11am, so speculation on OCUK forums appears to be similar

(Might be wrong on the time, but basically it was in or around lunch)

*Checking back on OCUK, the time speculated if 14:00, as it was the time the 1080 was available for order on OCUK

6am PST seems to be the latest guess.

1pm here, in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Is it the same situation that we had with the 1080, where its just the rubbish Founders Edition cards first, then we have to wait a few weeks for the partners cards?

Ive been hanging onto my 580SLI setup since 2011, I NEED an upgrade now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

More than likely.

I expect we'll see AiB cards today as well. The 1080 launch was a slightly different setup.

Edit: based on EVGA links perhaps not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

The 1070 FE is 499 on evga http://eu.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6170-KR

Judging by evga's own 1080 prices, EVGAs' 1070 might be 399. That's not bad for those in the market!

Absolutely delighted I sold my 980 ti a few weeks ago now :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Said I'd hang off as probably can't justify a €400-500 layout this month after moving house (misses IKEA trip) monitor and few other bits I bought.

But damn am I trying to fiddle the numbers :D

Advertisement