Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GTX 10xx Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Ah its 2pm as its only 5am PST at the moment. God sake just stopped playing Rocket league to make sure I was in quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

No one waiting to see if AMD release the RX 490 this month which could have 1070 performance for €350?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5wYVu-tM8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I expect to see fairly decent 1070's for around €450-460 and the basic plastic cooler models for about €420.
    The €660 is a KFA board which is just a plastic shroud with a sticker on. The card is probably grand to be absolutely fair and probably quite acceptable when gaming, probably pretty quiet when idle, not silent though. In its favour is a better reference PCB design than the 1070, one more phase IIRC.

EVGA have the basic ACX 1080 listed at €679.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

No one waiting to see if AMD release the RX 490 this month which could have 1070 performance for €350?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5wYVu-tM8

I could well believe they have a 490 in the works (explaining the $300 price point), but if it was anywhere near ready, I think they'd have shown that at Computex, especially with the 1070 launch imminent.... Make potential 1070 buyers think twice and wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

There won't be a 490 yet IMO. They've always said it'll be lower/mobile and midrange this year. 490 will be vega, probably with HBM, which the 1080ti will almost certainly have also. Yields is what's holding both of those back.

• Advertisement

Which I can find absolutely no where. The SC and FTW seem to be in the wild, the 'basic' is being held back IMHO. Now don't get me wrong I know we're going to see price drops but that'll happen to the 1070 as well.

Also you're forgetting the most important thing...

RGB :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I expect to see fairly decent 1070's for around €450-460 and the basic plastic cooler models for about €420.

Their site lists $ for me, are you doing your own conversion or is there a setting somewhere?

Zillah wrote: »
    Their site lists $ for me, are you doing your own conversion or is there a setting somewhere?

Top right hand corner, select Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So overclockers let some of the product pages slip there. Cheapest card was Gainward in at £390, Most expensive was £455, and the general pricing for 1070's was around the £420 mark

Feeling that is a bit to pricey for an immediate jump on.

So might well hang onto end of the month for the prices to settle a bit, and see if AMD can make an impact. After going with a GSYNC monitor I've tied myself to Nvidia, but hopeful the pricing will scale down a bit. Might also have been OCUK testing the waters in fairness. Initial reaction on their forum is "your having a laugh, no thanks"

EDIT: Worth noting these are the FE edition cards, which are also an absolutely outragous price gouge imo from Nvidia. General 1070's won't be available for sale until I believe the coming days, if I understand this weird FE edition ****e. But looks like general 1070s might still be in the €400-450 range, which feels steep

Top right hand corner, select Europe.

Nope, I got nothing. I have my username - the only option being to log out - and I have the ability to show products as icons or a list. Weird.

• Advertisement

Loved this...

Im going to get it from EVGA site if I can. I hate overclockers, their customer service skills are woeful. They need a slap right in the face hard.

Zillah wrote: »
    Nope, I got nothing. I have my username - the only option being to log out - and I have the ability to show products as icons or a list. Weird.

http://eu.evga.com/

Can you order from EVGA?

That is so weird. I see the list now, it was not on the site before I hit the eu link. I have an account with them from when I registered my last card, I assume I'll be able to order...

And yes, getting euro now. Site is weird.

Im going to get it from EVGA site if I can. I hate overclockers, their customer service skills are woeful. They need a slap right in the face hard.

Feels like the opposite to the general consensus no?

TheDoc wrote: »
    Feels like the opposite to the general consensus no?

I'm not bothered about the general consensus when I have my own experience to base my opinion on. Serious lack of understanding when it comes to the Sale Of Goods Act and a criminally slow response to pressure. Got a bit too big for their boots.

Overclockers really want to shift those christmas trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Serious lack of understanding when it comes to the Sale Of Goods Act

Which is an Irish statute... and has literally zero effect on a UK company?

There is a Sale Of Goods Act in the UK almost identical to the Irish one. Im Scottish and have had to deal with it several times over the years.

Im fairly sure if a vendor sells a product to a country, it must comply with the laws in that country if its in the EU.

• Advertisement

Consumer law is instructed by EU law and is generally pretty standard. We lift all that stuff from England and Wales anyway though. Interestingly Scotland is a different legal system entirely and even more different to Ireland's vs. E&W.

There is also an issue on jurisdiction assuming cross border transactions.

Consumer law is instructed by EU law and is generally pretty standard. We lift all that stuff from England and Wales anyway though. Interestingly Scotland is a different legal system entirely and even more different to Ireland's vs. E&W.

There is also an issue on jurisdiction assuming cross border transactions.

As I discovered when I was arguing with Revenue and Customs regarding me wishing to bring in containers of heating oil in my car from the North. I was spouting about free trade etc and they were having none of it. Now I have to sneak it over! hahah.

Anyway, let's not get too far off track,back to GPUs!

I'm not bothered about the general consensus when I have my own experience to base my opinion on. Serious lack of understanding when it comes to the Sale Of Goods Act and a criminally slow response to pressure. Got a bit too big for their boots.

Well yeah I was kinda trying to coax what happened out of you. But then also being of the opinion that every company has bad press or instances that occur, but that doesn't necessarily tarnish the entire thing as garbage.

They are likely the site I'll place my 1070 order.

On the EVGA site they only have the 1070 FE card in the online shop. Makes me think they will just change that at 2pm sop you can buy it, but have no other cards available. Im not buying FE anything!

On the EVGA site they only have the 1070 FE card in the online shop. Makes me think they will just change that at 2pm sop you can buy it, but have no other cards available. Im not buying FE anything!

Yeah I find it highly unlikely that a family of EVGA non-FE 1070's are going to appear and go on sale all at once.

EDIT: Stop crashing the EVGA site, jerks.
    EDIT: Huh, the US site seems to have added three entries to the 1070 menu! Not loading properly but that's kind of exciting. It just lists random-looking product codes right now.

Just read that the OC on the 1070 (pos 1080?) might be a BIOS limitation. That would certainly seem plausible.

overclockers and EVGA sites crumbling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Scan.co.uk would have similar pricing to OcUK I'm guessing. Their cheapest 1070 is the FE at £400 (non-FE are pre-order btw).

I can confirm that I see "EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0" with "add to basket". Good luck actually getting a sale through.
    (EDIT: That one is listed as $439.99 - no sign of it on the EU site yet)

Oddly the "EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 ACX 3.0" has "auto-notify". It'll probably be an hour before the site recovers.

Aaaand it's dead.
    ecRaZEk.jpg

• Advertisement

Way overpriced. Meant to be cheaper than FE, so nope, I will be patient.

Advertisement