Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GTX 10xx Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

When you choose Ireland as the destination it changes the VAT from the German 19% to 23%, making it rise from €419 to €433

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm mostly worried about that whole "end of June" thing - I aint waiting another three weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Yeah, it's pre-orders only...nobody actually has stock yet. But that's exactly the model I wanted and the price is excellent, can't see it getting anything better. The same in Euro delivered as OCUK want for the card in Sterling excluding delivery.

Can you let us know when you get it? I assume you'll be bored with it after 72 hours or so and we'll see it on Adverts? :D

Seriously though I'll keep you updated on mine.

I see the FTW version of the 1070 doesnt have base or boost clock figures yet, I bet they have not even made it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah, it's pre-orders only...nobody actually has stock yet. But that's exactly the model I wanted and the price is excellent, can't see it getting anything better. The same in Euro delivered as OCUK want for the card in Sterling excluding delivery.

Yeah just priced on OCUK and its €550 excl delivery which has really pissed in my cornflakes. The initial launch prices look absolutely ridiculous

I'd be tempted to pull the trigger on that now, but those cards wont be arriving until end of the month. Part of me saying hold off and buy then, when I can see the lay of the land.

Other part of me saying pull the trigger now you piece of ****, and get it done

• Advertisement

My only worry...

Okay Galaxy instead of universe but it does allow me to link one of my only fond memories of working for these cnuts!

I was just about to place an order and thought I better research them first....

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/computeruniverse_net

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.computeruniverse.net

Well. Glad I held off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm not pushed on the wait because I haven't even built a new PC to replace my last one yet!

With my lack of patience I decided to go ahead and place an order with Computer Universe. Just about to hit the complete transaction button when I spot this at the bottom of the page. Who knows what price it may increase to by the time they get stock in!!!

"
    * Prices of announced products are estimates! If prices are increased after your order, you will be contacted automatically and informed about the changes that have occured. You will be given opportunity to either acknowlege your order or to withdraw the order."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The 480 in CF looks so damn tempting now that the prices here hover around 500 euro, damn my crappy x4 lane mobo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If the prices end up being around €550 they can **** off! I think that would be a massive own goal. The whole point of the 1070 was to replace the 970 class. I'm still confident that the €400-450 bracket will be the end pricing for the cheaper cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

I just want to know WHEN dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

The Gigabyte Gaming G1 1070 is €419 currently. That's better than I'd thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

The 480 in CF looks so damn tempting now that the prices here hover around 500 euro, damn my crappy x4 lane mobo.

It might be very viable alright, are there benchmarks vs the 1070 I wonder?

Your still not going to tempt the Nvidea lads to the red side though :)

Serephucus wrote: »
    The Gigabyte Gaming G1 1070 is €419 currently. That's better than I'd thought.

That price could go up at any time before they ship it, its most likely it will increase if everywhere else is selling it for more.

I emailed computer universe and got a very quick reply only 9 minutes later, which was impressive.

My email:

Hi,

I was about to place an order on your site for the Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070 graphics card. I then noticed this "* Prices of announced products are estimates! If prices are increased after your order, you will be contacted automatically and informed about the changes that have occurred. You will be given opportunity to either acknowledge your order or to withdraw the order".

As you can imagine this has given me cause for concern. I would only be wishing to place the order if the price is the same as when i ordered it. I do not wish to wait a long time to find out you want to charge more. Do you have any further information on how likely it is the price would increase before you ship it? When do you expect to have stock to send out?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

This was their reply.

Dear Mr. XXXXX

At this time we do not have any further information, hence the note on our website, but this might change soon. Please keep checking our website every once in a while. As soon as more specific details are available you’ll find them there.

Best regards

Volker Schmidt-Moritz
    Customer Service"

Volker Schmidt-Moritz
    Customer Service"[/I]

TBH I'm surprised vampires are up this early.

Joking aside thanks for keeping us in the loop!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Depends how you look at it as no real world pricing exits yet and I can easily see a 480 4GB hitting €250-350 depending on the AMD or board partner versions.

Also, crossfire while great for benchmarking, its still not that well supported for gaming.

So, is anywhere shipping any 1080 or 1070 that isn't a FE, or is everything, everywhere variations of notify or pre-order?

Hmmm G1 is off the site now and the inno ones are > €500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

I feel vaguely responsible for getting everyones' hopes up :pac:

LOL - I wouldn't worry it was the best place to 'pre-order' at the time. We'll see what happens, worst comes to worst it'll just fall through no harm done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

Overclockers.co.uk have the 1070 up for preorder, most are 400+ pounds going as far as 550 for a MSI water cooled one.

Was hoping for the €400-450 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Emailed um, I'll let ya know. TBF they have a history thing which shows it was 419.

I may have jumped the gun on selling the R9 290 lol. Oh well I'll get some study done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Really wanting the MSI 1080 Gaming X but 650 pounds price tag is making me cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Surely the 980ti's will drop in price. It's artificial otherwise. I know they're nearly on par but still they're older hardware.

Xenoronin wrote: »

For an extra 100EUR! woohoo bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mark1006

This all has me worried about the RX480's pricing. I was hoping I'd nab the 8gb version for between €250-€270 but it's looking like we'll be lucky to get that for the 4gb version. Or is this just the Founders edition/some other crazy Nvidia "premium" driving up the price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Mark1006 wrote: »
    This all has me worried about the RX480's pricing. I was hoping I'd nab the 8gb version for between €250-€270 but it's looking like we'll be lucky to get that for the 4gb version. Or is this just the Founders edition/some other crazy Nvidia "premium" driving up the price?

Lack of stock + must have tech item = crazy prices.

Advertisement