Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GTX 10xx Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Nedved85 wrote:
    Where did you order from?

I ordered directly from EVGA, annoyed that they are putting a preference on their big partners like OCUK.

It better get to me by next week!!

Mindfactory. I didn't mind waiting but it was holding up the rest of my stuff and they can't guarantee when I'll get the 1080 so I cancelled it and placed an order for one with scan. They are saying the 30th but that might change. I'm away for holidays in early July so I might have to cancel that order too if it's not shipped by then or there'll be nobody here to take the delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'm really surprised that this stuff is (supposedly) on reddit, what with NDAs you might get sued for.

NDA's were all lifted once the cards started to release.

I even know myself from a history working in a sole trader, there is no real disclosures or sensitive information relating to Distribution chains or production levels.

A lot of retailers would be eager to convey to customers that there is a production issue of the cards and that Distributors are raising their prices based on the short supply.

Retailers taking a bit of a hammering from customers, so they would be rightly eager to outline to customers why these price hikes are happening. NVIDIA being a bit coy with their RRP announcement, but not really advising "oh yeah and caused we rushed this to market, our production volumes or nowhere near operating at full capacity"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

GTX980Ti now dropping to €480 around.

GTX980Ti now dropping to €480 around.

Inno x4 Chill just dropped £60 in the last few minutes on OverClockers. It's only on pre-order phase, but it's down to £399 where I was looking at it costing £459 there this morning.

That might flatten out on release, or continue to drop a bit more. You have me convinced to go with that model (<3) and at £399 excl delivery would be happy to pull the trigger with OverClockers.

Am tempted though to hang off a little longer and see what pricing settles to where there is production saturation.

Sterling rates also in tatters at the moment. Really poor conversion at the moment. I've two friends in Canada and toying with seeing how things might look if I get them to buy and post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Still quite expensive at 400 sterling, also the X3 and the X4 are actually the same, just the X4 has a fan on the top of the card as well, but doesn't really make a massive difference.

• Advertisement

Still quite expensive at 400 sterling, also the X3 and the X4 are actually the same, just the X4 has a fan on the top of the card as well, but doesn't really make a massive difference.

Would you recommend then x3 so? It's moved to £389

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Any indication on when to expect delivery on that X4 Chill (or X3) from Overclockers? I'm looking at a ship date of 29th of June from Mindfactory but if it was much better on Overclockers I'd go with them instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

The wife just booked a last minute holiday so I thought bugger it I'll wait and get the 1070 as I go an email saying the 1080 had been delayed by a day. Phoned overclockers and it had gone, damn(ish). :pac:

This actually looks the part, nicer if it was €100 cheaper though which I reckon it will be come August/September.

Edit: Have to say the service and comms from OCUK has been really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

If you haven't splashed out I would wait another few weeks and see if price dips as supply catches up with demand.

My prediction is 1080 won't come down that much (Sub €700), 1070 should be sub €400 for the lower tier (still perfectly fine) cards. That's perfectly reasonable pricing IMHO.

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Any indication on when to expect delivery on that X4 Chill (or X3) from Overclockers? I'm looking at a ship date of 29th of June from Mindfactory but if it was much better on Overclockers I'd go with them instead.

Appears all Inno releases are end of June, one of the OCUK staff posted on the forum when asked about info for release dates.

Also eluded to the production issues with Nvidia, and that some brands will possibly get pushed back further, and one of which will be Inno. So wouldn't be surprised to see them pushed back until July.

I'm basically at the point now where if I hang off until end of July, I'll have two paychecks in the door in the meantime, loads of end user reviews and have a hopefully settled pricing structure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My ETA on the 1070 is now 2 weeks...

EVGA rep on OCUK posted this today.
    Some updates from our side as promised:

1080 SC cards - Now arriving in some decent volumes to UK and EU channel partners. Stock a little shorter now though until back end of next week (23rd/24th) due to the gap of production from Dragon Boat Holiday.

1080 FTW cards - Our production now begins on this card next week, only review samples have thus been received by review sites, not one card has been shipped in either the US or the EU. Product will be received in Europe expected in 10-14 days time based on this production plan, and quantities will be shipped simultaneously to evga.com and select channel partners around Europe.

I will update further as and when we have more details. Sorry information to date on the FTW card has not been 100% accurate but the above should bring you right up to speed.

Unless you preordered your card as soon as it was announced I'd say most people have a decent wait in store. Unless its the SC version of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Nice. The MSI 1080 Gaming X has dropped in price to 629.99 pounds on both Amazon and OCUK. It's only 20 pounds but every bit helps.
    Still not in stock yet. I've not pre-ordered but wondering if I should now or wait for stock to appear.

All variants from all manufacturers seem to be flying off the shelves so if you want to be in the queue for one you should pre order. If you're not in a hurry I'd say wait and see what happens when stock levels outstrip demand.

Something I'm not understanding.
    Went to order it on Amazon - priced £629.99. Hit checkout - price is suddenly £645.74

Eh??

==edit== Nevermind. I assume it's a VAT rate change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The price gouging is a joke, not paying over €700 for a 1080 when the overclocking potential is so limited.

Noxin wrote: »
    Something I'm not understanding.
    Went to order it on Amazon - priced £629.99. Hit checkout - price is suddenly £645.74

Eh??

==edit== Nevermind. I assume it's a VAT rate change.

Yeah OCUK do it too but Scan charge the UK rate and Mindfactory charge the German rate.

ShaneU wrote: »
    The price gouging is a joke, not paying over €700 for a 1080 when the overclocking potential is so limited.

I'm not really sure a 10% OC on the boost clock 18-20% on the standard clock is particularly limited. They could have shipped the cards at a much lower frequency and still outpaced everything out there so I find the OC argument a bit spurious tbh.

I've just been updated on my order by Scan. They now expect my 1080 to ship yesterday! I only ordered it today :D

• Advertisement

superg wrote: »
    I've just been updated on my order by Scan. They now expect my 1080 to ship yesterday! I only ordered it today :D

Scan are still charging 650 from what I can see. Thats more expensive than the vat increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm not really sure a 10% OC on the boost clock 18-20% on the standard clock is particularly limited. They could have shipped the cards at a much lower frequency and still outpaced everything out there so I find the OC argument a bit spurious tbh.
    My point was there's little difference in overclocking between the reference cards and the strix, G1, FTW etc. You'd expect a lot more for the price they're charging.

Noxin wrote: »
    Scan are still charging 650 from what I can see. Thats more expensive than the vat increase.

Aye defo pays to shop around. Mindfactory cheapest about but the 30 quid delivery puts paid to most of the saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just got an email from OCuK about the 9xx price drops.

980Ti from £389.99
    980 from £299.99
    970 from £214.99
    960 from £139.99

Noxin did very well at 250!

Noxin did very well at 250!

Jeeze I did judging my those prices. Phew. Glad I got rid of it early. It's painful full trying to get by with my 670 atm but I'll get an order through for my 1080 soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It just looks like one of the 970's is priced at 214.99 and it doesn't look great, its an MSI reference card.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=gtx+970

5G7pwDQ.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

You'd be mad to pay anything over €200 for one of them now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

You'd be mad to pay anything over €200 for one of them now
    I don't agree. If Nvidia came out with a card for €250 then I'd agree.

• Advertisement

I don't agree. If Nvidia came out with a card for €250 then I'd agree.

Rx 470 expected to be just over €200 with better performance. If one needs to sell a 970 I'd do it now or expect to take a hit.

Advertisement