Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GTX 10xx Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

TheDoc wrote: »
    The UK won't actually leave the UK for some time, takes a while to invoke.

Even they even do at all tbh....

Some warranties are 3 years plus though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I am actually just so sick of waiting for pre-orders and hunting for information that I have cancelled my G1 1070 and ordered the cheapest 1070 FE on OC, which has 5+ in stock, and I feel great. It'll probably ship Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Asus 1080 down to 770 now with the sterling down ....so hard to resist especially after just getting a g sync 1440p monitor...:(
    Overclocks the robbin bints apply 23% vat but scan don't.

Blazer wrote: »
    Asus 1080 down to 770 now with the sterling down ....so hard to resist especially after just getting a g sync 1440p monitor...:(

links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

They dont keep the VAT, they simply collect it and pass it on. Because OC do so much business with ROI they have to charge local VAT. Maybe Scan dont sell that much and have not had to. Germany is only 19% I think, so can be a small saving to be made there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Blazer wrote:
    Asus 1080 down to 770 now with the sterling down ....so hard to resist especially after just getting a g sync 1440p monitor... Overclocks the robbin bints apply 23% vat but scan don't.

You can avoid them applying the Irish vat rate by getting it shipped to parcel motel.

superg wrote: »
    You can avoid them applying the Irish vat rate by getting it shipped to parcel motel.

Yeah but it's just a pain though,
    Might be better off though as it's probably easier to rma through oc than scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah but it's just a pain though,
    Might be better off though as it's probably easier to rma through oc than scan?

I bought a Keyboard from Scan that arrived with two broken keys, and the RMA process was relatively straight forward. Can't say I'd have any issues operating an RMA with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Scan are sound for RMA. Just that OC tend to be cheaper on a lot of stuff and for gpus seem to be getting sent more stock than scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

OC shipped my FE this morning. So glad to be over all the ETAs and stock levels etc.

I'm still on the fence as to when I get one.
    Do I take the plunge now or wait for the partner overclocked models which will be around the same price in a few months. I don't really need the card till BF1 comes out in October so might just sit pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'm still on the fence as to when I get one.
    Do I take the plunge now or wait for the partner overclocked models which will be around the same price in a few months. I don't really need the card till BF1 comes out in October so might just sit pretty

I'd sit on it. Its never a great idea to be a first adopter in the tech world. Wait for a few months, let supply sink into the market and keep a eye out for a good deal at your preferred price point.

Yeah I just got a 1440p g sync monitor but with my gtx780 I'm still getting 80-120 GPs on bf4 with high settings so I can easily afford to wait

And OCUK with another price change on the Inno's and they are now looking at €500. So back into the waiting for July/August camp. Even with the guts of €400 coming to me this weekend, can't justify paying into this Nvidia and retailer debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Just seeing now my iChill X3 card that had an expected shipping date for tomorrow was put back to July 6th (Mindfactory).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Woop Woop. Gaming X 1080 has been shipped by ocuk. Can finally max out those minecraft settings and play it in all it's HD glory...

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Just seeing now my iChill X3 card that had an expected shipping date for tomorrow was put back to July 6th (Mindfactory).

OCUK outlined they will have some stock arriving on the 30th, but mostly all pre-ordered. From retailer feedback on forums and reddit Inno are one of the brands not in any major rush and were happy to go with a later release when production issues subsided a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I4OKYf3h.jpg

Looks like the mid-end party's getting started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got my Ichill x3 from Mindfactory this morning for €449 delivered.

• Advertisement

I got my Ichill x3 from Mindfactory this morning for €449 delivered.

Really good price. Did they do any messing, kept pre order price as is or what? Checked them there and its coming in at €506 now including shipping.

Mindfactory a nightmare to navigate even with Google translate :O

Yup, they had a spiel about how the price may change, but the end price I paid was €449 delivered as it was on the first day they had them - and €30 of that was delivery, so the card itself was €420 which is very respectable. Fair play to them for honoring the initial price. I think it's €500+ from them at the moment delivered.

Yup, they had a spiel about how the price may change, but the end price I paid was €449 delivered as it was on the first day they had them - and €30 of that was delivery, so the card itself was €420 which is very respectable. Fair play to them for honoring the initial price. I think it's €500+ from them at the moment delivered.

Yeah fair dues. Thats the sort of pricing for the 1070 I would have jumped onto day one.

Everywhere I'm looking at the moment is €500+

UK sites, ESPECIALLY OCUK are creeping their pricing upward with the sterling crash

Just noticed now that it's an X4 they sent me as well, not the x3 that I ordered! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just noticed now that it's an X4 they sent me as well, not the x3 that I ordered! :D

Would be a shame if it didn't fit cos of the extra bulk... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah fair dues. Thats the sort of pricing for the 1070 I would have jumped onto day one.

Everywhere I'm looking at the moment is €500+

UK sites, ESPECIALLY OCUK are creeping their pricing upward with the sterling crash

This ^.

€400-450 for an AIB 1070 would be an instant buy for me.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Would be a shame if it didn't fit cos of the extra bulk... :pac:

That would be the 3 slot Zotac Amp series :) It's bleedin HUGE!

Like comparing a Tablet to a console huge :D

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I4OKYf3h.jpg

Looks like the mid-end party's getting started.

I so called it last week, that Nvidia would start leaking 1060 info just before the RX 480's launch :D I reckon above 980 but below 980Ti performance for around $200-250.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Looks like ill be sticking with Amazon for my MSI 1070,OCUK have two prices for the card. One when its for pre order and another for when its in stock. Add the extra 4% VAT and the card is €550+ delivered. They wont be getting my money....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

EoinHef wrote: »
    Looks like ill be sticking with Amazon for my MSI 1070,OCUK have two prices for the card. One when its for pre order and another for when its in stock. Add the extra 4% VAT and the card is €550+ delivered. They wont be getting my money....

Hmm the zotac extreme edition is 460 delivered on Amazon. Granted Out of stock but interesting card.

Advertisement