Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GTX 10xx Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Hmm the zotac extreme edition is 460 delivered on Amazon. Granted Out of stock but interesting card.

The 1080 version of that card is €700 on amazon,i was budgeting about €520 delivered for the MSI 1070 but for an extra €180 the Zotac 1080 may be worh going for. Dam it,these stock level issues are just giving me too much time to dwell on this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just noticed now that it's an X4 they sent me as well, not the x3 that I ordered! :D

Think you said you had the same 290 as me at a point, the Saphire Tri-x?

Interested to know what the temps and noise is like from that i4. My Tri-x really annoying me now. First six months didn't really notice, but now its whining like ****, really loud, and turning the room into a sauna

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

EoinHef wrote: »
    The 1080 version of that card is €700 on amazon,i was budgeting about €520 delivered for the MSI 1070 but for an extra €180 the Zotac 1080 may be worh going for. Dam it,these stock level issues are just giving me too much time to dwell on this!!

Link??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

It really may.

I thought I had had my mind sent on an msi but the Zotac has turned my head.Even their backplate has been intricately designed for better cooling. the base/ boost/ overclocks /memory clocks are all pretty impressive toppling cards that are asking over 100 euro more.

And as you pointed out for 180 more than Asus msi are asking for their 1070. you are getting a 1080.and not a bottom of the barrel one either .

Blazer wrote: »
    Link??

Select Amazon as the seller,currently out of stock though and theres actually most likely 4% extra for irish vat,still pretty tempting though

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01GCAVRSU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467193557&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=zotac+1080&dpPl=1&dpID=51GdawO3mZL&ref=plSrch

@Sterling Archer
    Yeah have to say im pretty tempted,although at this point i need to sleep on it as its been a long day. No stock means i can take a day or two anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Select Amazon as the seller,currently out of stock though and theres actually most likely 4% extra for irish vat,still pretty tempting though

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01GCAVRSU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467193557&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=zotac+1080&dpPl=1&dpID=51GdawO3mZL&ref=plSrch

@Sterling Archer
    Yeah have to say im pretty tempted,although at this point i need to sleep on it as its been a long day. No stock means i can take a day or two anyway

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

@Sterling Archer

Parcel motel, skip the vat increase. Means you will likely get the card quicker too when its in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Parcel motel, skip the vat increase. Means you will likely get the card quicker too when its in stock.

So this is a nooby question but if I put an Irish address for parcel motel is it still eligible for the free shipping?

Or is a 'give a northern address and we'll ship it south for a small price' job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Keggers2 wrote: »
    Or is a 'give a northern address and we'll ship it south for a small price' job?

Yeah, this is pretty much how it works. Sign up to Parcel Motel, and they give you a NI address to use when online retailers offer free/discounted shipping to NI, or for when they don't deliver at all to the RoI. You then use that PM address as your delivery address when ordering online and when they receive the goods, they'll ship it down south to your chosen collection point. Costs €3.95 (I think) per delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Hey,

I grew impatient waiting for restocking on the gfx card i want and splashed out on the MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 Graphics Card - Black (Gaming X 8G GDDR5, 2 Fan, PCI Express 3), I was going to get EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Superclock SC Gaming PCI Express Graphics Card.

Are MSI a good make? Did i make a big mistake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

nix wrote: »
    Hey,

I grew impatient waiting for restocking on the gfx card i want and splashed out on the MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 Graphics Card - Black (Gaming X 8G GDDR5, 2 Fan, PCI Express 3), I was going to get EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Superclock SC Gaming PCI Express Graphics Card.

I've had a few MSI cards in the past and found them to be pretty good. They are a recommended brand albeit at the higher end of the pricing spectrum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Hey,

This was posted earlier in the thread I think. Make of it what you will.

https://www.techpowerup.com/223440/msi-and-asus-send-vga-review-samples-with-higher-clocks-than-retail-cards

Hey,

Msi is generally a decent make. I'm not sure of the black one. I'm thinking it's the non founders style blower. These usually run a little louder. But have not read any reviews of it.

It's a 1070 regardless. You'll be near maxing fps on 1080p ultra. And if at 1440p you'll be at the sweet spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Pushtrak wrote: »
    This was posted earlier in the thread I think. Make of it what you will.

https://www.techpowerup.com/223440/msi-and-asus-send-vga-review-samples-with-higher-clocks-than-retail-cards

It's a pretty shady move not telling reviewers the cards are locked into OC mode but regular punters can still get those speeds using the MSI OC Tool and now have an option to flash their cards bios to match the review samples as well.

Personally the gaming x is still probley the 1070 I'd pick as the Twin Frozr cooler is awesome but I'm curious about the Armor card as it looks like the same cooler without the RGB bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

What is with the stock on the 1080's aibs can't be had for love nor money! Will they stabilize in July? Looking to buy the evga classified 1080 whenever the hell that decides to come out...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

EVGA are having way more trouble with stock then others. They still can't supply the cards they announced in May nevermind the classified which wasn't announced until mid June! MSI, inno3d and a few others have cards in stock at OCUK.

What is with the stock on the 1080's aibs can't be had for love nor money! Will they stabilize in July? Looking to buy the evga classified 1080 whenever the hell that decides to come out...

I really wonder if Nvidia are holding back stock to keep the demand and interest in the new cards high!

Venom wrote: »
    I really wonder if Nvidia are holding back stock to keep the demand and interest in the new cards high!

More likely they hadn't enough stock ever to begin with but had to beat amd to the punch.

You'll notice alot of issues nvidia had. Hell alot of sites were convinced the pascal cards wouldn't show up this summer.

More likely they hadn't enough stock ever to begin with but had to beat amd to the punch.

You'll notice alot of issues nvidia had. Hell alot of sites were convinced the pascal cards wouldn't show up this summer.

Well alot of people from boards have gotten 1080/1070's so they are out there. The AMD 5850/5870 launch was way worse.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gigabytes ITX 1070
    01061048451l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 LWGDion

So guys I have noticed the Inno3d iChill X3 is on OCUK. I have never dealt with Inno3d so should I get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

One of the experts here swears by them so I'd be inclined to think they're sound, I wouldn't have thought much of them before

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭thegreenbean

Gigabytes ITX 1070
    01061048451l.jpg

I love this thing, it's tiny

LWGDion wrote: »
    So guys I have noticed the Inno3d iChill X3 is on OCUK. I have never dealt with Inno3d so should I get this?

Which card? Overclockers prices are a bit em meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LWGDion

Which card? Overclockers prices are a bit em meh.

Inno3D GeForce GTX 1070 iChill Air Boss X3 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Update on my Overclocking antics, I am indeed power limited on my EVGA 1080SC, so basically I'll be throwing it in the bin... :pac: Still delighted with the card even if I can't quite keep the 2Ghz stable under a stress test.

Im gonna just order the Zotac 1080 for €700 on amazon over the weekend and hope it comes into stock reasonably soon. Gonna use PM to avoid the extra 4% and avail of free delivery.

No delivery date but nowhere else seems to have a date either so im prepared to wait to get it.

System probably wont get the most from it but hope to upgrade next year and ill carry it over.

Im gonna just order the Zotac 1080 for €700 on amazon over the weekend and hope it comes into stock reasonably soon. Gonna use PM to avoid the extra 4% and avail of free delivery.

No delivery date but nowhere else seems to have a date either so im prepared to wait to get it.

System probably wont get the most from it but hope to upgrade next year and ill carry it over.

Check those dimensions and chexk again. It's a big ass card.

The g1 was on Amazon 507 euro. In stock.

Check those dimensions and chexk again. It's a big ass card.

Just checked there and my previous card was longer and wider. The zotac is 0.7cm fatter though,which shouldnt be a problem. I do have the middle HDD cage removed in my case which allows it to take the larger cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Damn it. Mindfactory has put back my iChill X3 back again. Initially 29th of June back to 6th of July, now back to 13th of July.

Advertisement