Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GTX 10xx Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just checked there and my previous card was longer and wider. The zotac is 0.7cm fatter though,which shouldnt be a problem. I do have the middle HDD cage removed in my case which allows it to take the larger cards.

Is it the AMP version you went for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Venom wrote: »
    Is it the AMP version you went for?

AMP Extreme,3 fan cooler. The AMP is the 2 fan cooler.

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01GCAVRSU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467415322&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=zotac+1080+amp+extreme

Jayz2cents on Youtube had one of the extremes and its absolutely humongous. Easily a 5th longer and almost twice as thick as the FE card.

Jayz2cents on Youtube had one of the extremes and its absolutely humongous. Easily a 5th longer and almost twice as thick as the FE card.

Cool ill check out that review,i hadnt really been able to locate a review for one from a source i trust. So that'll do thanks.

Ok so the dimensions on amazon are different to the ones on the zotac site,so it is larger than the gigabyte 970 G1 im replacing.

970: 31.2 x 12.9 x 4.3 cm

Amp 1080: 32.5 x 14.8 cm and its a 2.5 slot card so similar to the 970 in that sense.

I should be still ok at that with HDD bay removed,i will get the tape out in the morning though just to be doubly sure.

Cool ill check out that review,i hadnt really been able to locate a review for one from a source i trust. So that'll do thanks.

Ok so the dimensions on amazon are different to the ones on the zotac site,so it is larger than the gigabyte 970 G1 im replacing.

970: 31.2 x 12.9 x 4.3 cm

Amp 1080: 32.5 x 14.8 cm and its a 2.5 slot card so similar to the 970 in that sense.

I should be still ok at that with HDD bay removed,i will get the tape out in the morning though just to be doubly sure.

It's not a review mate just one of his blog vids where he shows off the size of the Zotac.

• Advertisement

It's not a review mate just one of his blog vids where he shows off the size of the Zotac.

Yeah just saw that,paulshardware has a similar vid and my god it is actually huge. May need some sort of support to stop it sagging

EDIT: Or i may just go for the AMP and not the extreme version. Its only £5 cheaper though which is a little annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Damn it. Mindfactory has put back my iChill X3 back again. Initially 29th of June back to 6th of July, now back to 13th of July.

I ordered two, I got one, but the second is pushed back to July 13th as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Damn it. Mindfactory has put back my iChill X3 back again. Initially 29th of June back to 6th of July, now back to 13th of July.

OCUK are in stock at the moment €520 shipped though. I'm about to have €400 cash put into my hand today, so I could justify it to myself as only costing me €120.

But ****, still feels about 60-70 more expensive then it should

****it, placed my order in with OverClockers. Inno3d iChill x3. €519 in total going through Parcel Motel.

Forgetting that I get a few quid for my own card as well.

According to their stock levels should be with me this weekend. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

TheDoc wrote: »
    ****it, placed my order in with OverClockers. Inno3d iChill x3. €519 in total going through Parcel Motel.

Forgetting that I get a few quid for my own card as well.

According to their stock levels should be with me this weekend. Lovely.

Doc even the slightest noise from that card 1 degree over anything. I wanna see an angry letter sent to boards I chill pr ceo terror. Now you can play the blame game in 1440p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Yeah just saw that,paulshardware has a similar vid and my god it is actually huge. May need some sort of support to stop it sagging

EDIT: Or i may just go for the AMP and not the extreme version. Its only £5 cheaper though which is a little annoying.

The sag was more so what I was getting at when I was telling you about dimensions. When you said as fat asyour older card I thought hmmk.

Cable ties around psu wires could sort it. But understandable not to wanna deal with any of that tiz a shame really.

Well to say i'm angry, raging and furios is an understatement.

Person who I'd held something for over a month, arranged to meet today, pulls out of the sale an hour before meetup. And having bought the quid this morning, i'm now €500 in the hole, and in serious trouble for the month ahead.

Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Person who I'd held something for over a month, arranged to meet today, pulls out of the sale an hour before meetup. And having bought the quid this morning, i'm now €500 in the hole, and in serious trouble for the month ahead.

Disaster
    Adverts? If anybody wants me to hold something for them I'll let them know that's no problem, they just need to send on a 10% non-refundable deposit

Disaster

Any chance you could cancel your order?

Or as LU says flog it on adverts for a tidy profit :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone bought a Palit GameRock 1080? in stock and €700 delivered

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Adverts? If anybody wants me to hold something for them I'll let them know that's no problem, they just need to send on a 10% non-refundable deposit

This. 90% of people who ask you to hold until next week/month end up having a 'car in the garage' or 'bills they didn't expect'.

Bummer though. What were you holding for them?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone bought a Palit GameRock 1080? in stock and €700 delivered

Looks like a really nice card! That panel it comes with is pretty awesome. Reviews are pretty rock solid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Im gonna just order the Zotac 1080 for €700 on amazon over the weekend and hope it comes into stock reasonably soon. Gonna use PM to avoid the extra 4% and avail of free delivery.

No delivery date but nowhere else seems to have a date either so im prepared to wait to get it.

System probably wont get the most from it but hope to upgrade next year and ill carry it over.

It's got quite a big box going by YouTube, combined with amazons packaging I wonder will it fit in a PM locker?

dloob wrote: »
    It's got quite a big box going by YouTube, combined with amazons packaging I wonder will it fit in a PM locker?

Yeah after looking into after the lads warned me im not going to go for it,not worth the hassle for a few degrees cooler card. Was more the price that attracted me than the card anyway. Although im sure it has a very good cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Gamerock ordered, arrives on Wednesday. Bought Doom and Rise of the Tomb Raider for it. Upgrading from 660 ti

• Advertisement

This. 90% of people who ask you to hold until next week/month end up having a 'car in the garage' or 'bills they didn't expect'.

Bummer though. What were you holding for them?

A high end airsoft rifle, so its not something that moves quickly : /

The person actually offered a deposit, which in hindsight I should have taken, but its not the norm in the airsoft community.

Guys just two general questions:

1) I ordered my card through Parcel Motel. Anyone done the same? I've only ever used PMotel for small packages, but assume it's fine regarding the size of this package? If its too big for the lockers do you just pick it up at a depot?

2) It's been YEARS since I was on Nvidia. Is there anything in advance I need to do regarding drivers etc.? I have an AMD card at the moment. Thinking I might need to uninstall all existing drivers and software.

Got my tracking numbers from OCUK, for some reason DPD have it it Hinckley with two entries on its way to Mallusk. Indication was it would arrived yesterday : /

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I can't answer anything about PMotel but as for 2), you'll want to download this when you set up the graphics card. http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Guys just two general questions:

1) I ordered my card through Parcel Motel. Anyone done the same? I've only ever used PMotel for small packages, but assume it's fine regarding the size of this package? If its too big for the lockers do you just pick it up at a depot?

2) It's been YEARS since I was on Nvidia. Is there anything in advance I need to do regarding drivers etc.? I have an AMD card at the moment. Thinking I might need to uninstall all existing drivers and software.

Got my tracking numbers from OCUK, for some reason DPD have it it Hinckley with two entries on its way to Mallusk. Indication was it would arrived yesterday : /

Probably will be fine but I hope you paid the extra to insure something that high value. I've had two parcel motel packages go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

You probably should insure it to be safe

What do you mean insure? I didn't even see an option on their website to insur(Parcel Motel)

The item is being couriered to the Parcel Motel point(with a tracking number and entry points along the way) so it will be very clear when it arrives into their hands, and if it did go missing where the issue and responsibility would be

EDIT: OK see the option now, added the €500 cover for €3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://videocardz.com/61826/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-rumors-part-2

GTX 1060 picture / price leaked

€470/500, no SLI?

Hope that ain't right...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

That definitely ain't right, so much is wrong with that retailer's page in terms of details. Wrong product code, wrong VRAM, wrong outputs, wrong price :P

Edit: I also don't care if SLI is missing from a lower end card personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Can't be if the 1070 is going for similar prices.

€300-350 seems more logical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

It could be supporting SLI through the slot - just sayin' :pac:

Advertisement