Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GTX 10xx Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This seems like a good price for a 1070 free shipping as well.

http://www.komplett.ie/msi-geforce-gtx-1070-armor-oc-8-gb/80044251/details.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

EoinHef wrote: »
    Got my 1080 today,just finished putting it in,downloading drivers now.

Cant wait to throw a few games at it:)

392489.jpg

Out of the box its max boost clock is 1974Mhz,not sure where the average will lie quite yet. Temps are getting to somewhere between 74 - 79C depending on the game,which is a little hotter than i was expecting. Was hoping for closer to the 70C mark. It is still very quiet at load though,which i was hoping for so thats nice.

Ill have to get a custom fan profile going and start overclocking but i think ill leave that till tomorrow. Just happy to have a gpu again at this point:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

This seems like a good price for a 1070 free shipping as well.

http://www.komplett.ie/msi-geforce-gtx-1070-armor-oc-8-gb/80044251/details.aspx

I remember when Komplett had very competitive pricing, that was over 10 years ago though.

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Cards/NVIDIA+GeForce/GeForce+GTX+1070/MSI+NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+1070+8GB+Armor+OC+Edition?productId=66385

Aria works is €50 euro cheaper. No idea what their shipping rate is but that has to work out much cheaper overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Title is a bit misleading - talks about what he thinks is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

OcUK have a Palit 1070 for £360 for today only. Sorely tempted even though my build is still weeks away.

Edit: Link doesn't seem to be working now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

looked like a wait on the 480 i had on preorder, so i bit the bullet and just switched my order to one of those. shipping out today, please let it arrive before the weekend.

mossym wrote: »
    looked like a wait on the 480 i had on preorder, so i bit the bullet and just switched my order to one of those. shipping out today, please let it arrive before the weekend.

not that anyone cares but me, but got the ship notice!!! wahoo!!

currently running a 5770 i had lying around at home. only built up last week. so this is going to be a massive step up. save up for a bit and get a 1440p monitor:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

FTW 1080 in stock...be quick....another few weeks wait for me unfortunately.
    http://eu.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6286-KR

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Dair76 wrote: »
    OcUK have a Palit 1070 for £360 for today only. Sorely tempted even though my build is still weeks away.

Edit: Link doesn't seem to be working now.

Bought one, RMA'n it now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Giblet wrote: »

Was it DOA or what happened?

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Was it DOA or what happened?

DOA. Corruption showing when booting.

that sucks, mine arrived friday and is working away perfectly. you're not the only one i heard getting a DOA card from that deal though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Was is new or refurb? Palit are the worst company ever for refurb. I bought a box of 4 GTX970's that were 'Factory refurb, Grade A, 100% tested'.

One worked fine....two were totally DOA, and the third worked but the fans were dead.

cards on the deal were new

DOA. Corruption showing when booting.

presuming you're the same guy i was talking to on the OC forums then?

if so, you've convinced me to try all the ports on my card this evening when i get home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just got a email from evga. They have the 1060 sc gaming card back in stock.
    http://eu.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-6163-KR
    €299

The RX480 does seem a better card for the money though.

mossym wrote: »
    presuming you're the same guy i was talking to on the OC forums then?

if so, you've convinced me to try all the ports on my card this evening when i get home

Nope, wasn't me!

Card has gone back anyway, was a new one. Hopefully they do a quick replacement from their stock rather than ship it back to HK. Honestly, you try and treat yourself... *grumble*

Nope, wasn't me!

Card has gone back anyway, was a new one. Hopefully they do a quick replacement from their stock rather than ship it back to HK. Honestly, you try and treat yourself... *grumble*

ouch, that means two irish lads who bought from OC got faulty ones.

checked all ports on mine last night, all working fine, new 1440p monitor arrived yesterday so was playing division at 1440p on a dual monitor setup and working fine, so the card is great when it works, hopefully you get resolved soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

So after a solid month of chasing invoices I've finally got the money in my account and debit card in my hand.

Now that prices/supply have stabilized I'm just wondering which card people would recommend? I've had my eyes on the Inno3D iChill since it came out but I've never owned an Inno card before, and the EVGA cards are staring at me pretty intensely...

EDIT: Talking about 1070s that is!

• Advertisement

EVGA FTW would be my shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Keggers2 wrote: »
    So after a solid month of chasing invoices I've finally got the money in my account and debit card in my hand.

Now that prices/supply have stabilized I'm just wondering which card people would recommend? I've had my eyes on the Inno3D iChill since it came out but I've never owned an Inno card before, and the EVGA cards are staring at me pretty intensely...

EDIT: Talking about 1070s that is!

From what I've seen online Palit (surprisingly) have the best cooler of the lot. Quite a bit quieter than the rest, and performs with the best of 'em. Also reasonably cheap too, last time I checked.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

EVGA FTW would be my shout.

Any particular reason why you'd be recommending the FTW model?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Serephucus wrote: »
    From what I've seen online Palit (surprisingly) have the best cooler of the lot. Quite a bit quieter than the rest, and performs with the best of 'em. Also reasonably cheap too, last time I checked.

the super jetstream looks very nice, not gone on the looks of the card but for the price it looks like a winner, same story looking at the 1080's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Serephucus wrote: »

why are you surprised?

Any particular reason why you'd be recommending the FTW model?

Not really, just have had good experience with EVGA cards. Like the larger dual fans and dual BIOS, other than that I'd be happy with any 1080 TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

the super jetstream looks very nice, not gone on the looks of the card but for the price it looks like a winner, same story looking at the 1080's

I have the standard jetstream card and no issues with it so far. Was the first decent cooler on a 1080 that was £599 on OCUK when I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Thats what I ended up switching my May 27th OCUK Asus Strix OC order from after 2 months of nothing. I was actually likely in the next shipping batch whenever it finally came. I had a Rift sitting unusable since May 28th and I was so pissed off with Asus I decided I didn't want to reward them and switched to a Super Jetstream 1080 as quick as I could before Murphys Law kicked in and my Strix shipped :D

Loving the card. Can't hear it over my case fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

planing on getting the palit 1080 super jet stream edition.

looks to be good value Core Clock: 1708MHz Boost Clock: 1847MHz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

dunworth1 wrote: »
    why are you surprised?

Just that they're not a tier 1 brand, and I'd sort of associated them with cheap-and-cheerful stuff.

Advertisement