Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GTX 10xx Discussion Thread

Options
1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Marketplace seller, and now I check it is listed as frustration free:
    Link to Item here.

But surely I should have gotten cables, manual all that stuff. Even the description is:
    Box Contains
    VGA Card
    VGA/DVI/Pwr adap

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Shougeki wrote: »
    Marketplace seller, and now I check it is listed as frustration free:
    Link to Item here.

But surely I should have gotten cables, manual all that stuff. Even the description is:
    Box Contains
    VGA Card
    VGA/DVI/Pwr adap

i bought a 1070 from overclockers, came in the retail box, proper retail unit, and it had no cables, no manual as such, just a warranty card. cutouts in the foam had no slots for any of that so very definite it was not meant to come with them

mossym wrote: »
    i bought a 1070 from overclockers, came in the retail box, proper retail unit, and it had no cables, no manual as such, just a warranty card. cutouts in the foam had no slots for any of that so very definite it was not meant to come with them

Unboxing here has stuff:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at6m6UfPNV0

I dunno. It just doesnt feel right to me getting this as I did. Maybe I am over reacting?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

sorry, should have been clear mine wasn't an evga, was just trying to point out some don't but given you've a video saying you should yeah it seems very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Query it with Amazon and see what the response is.
    They might even give you a partial refund as you didnt get the cables with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Was it that seller in particular "Electronic Sellers"? Sounds like you should defo send it back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Have you contacted the seller with your concerns? Might as well get that ball rolling if you haven't

Have you contacted the seller with your concerns? Might as well get that ball rolling if you haven't

Yeah, sent a mail this morning, no response yet. I'll wait till he gets back. Should have paid more attention when ordering, but normally Amazon is safe..... But the seller did seem alright with 4 1/2 stars out of 90 transactions...

Made my decision. This is going back. Something feels dodgy. Ill wait for the seller to get back to me, and get it somewhere else....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Just looking at the seller most of their listings say specifically "no box or accessories"
    398431.png

Just looking at the seller most of their listings say specifically "no box or accessories"

Guess its my mistake then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, sent a mail this morning, no response yet. I'll wait till he gets back. Should have paid more attention when ordering, but normally Amazon is safe..... But the seller did seem alright with 4 1/2 stars out of 90 transactions...

Made my decision. This is going back. Something feels dodgy. Ill wait for the seller to get back to me, and get it somewhere else....

It helps to double-check the 5-star & 1-2 star reviews.

Usually the 5-stars are all template-written. Probably not verified purchases either.
    The 1-2 star reviews will usually be from actual, frustrated consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Hey 10 series friends, need some help diagnosing what I think my be a problem with my video card.

I've got a Palit Super Jetstream 1070.

Recently every time I open a video on youtube/facebook/netflix I get a weird corruption that I can only describe as data moshing (a less extreme version of what's happening in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10mUJTmd9Jk for this unfamiliar with the term)

So far I haven't noticed it anywhere else, and it's not a major issue if it's just a few frames at the start of a youtube video, I'm just wondering if anyone's had an experience with it and could it be being caused by my video card/could it be a sign of a more serious issue?

I work as a video editor and encoding and transcoding videos pretty much every day, I'm worried that any issues might start seeping into those files and want to catch it early.

So far updating the drivers has done nothing.

Thanks for any and all advice!

*Note: Running windows 10 for this wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I have a 1070 also (reference) and have the same problem since the last driver patch. It's driving me crazy but can be solved by disabling hardware decoding in the browser. I'm surprised I've not seen more reports of this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I get it as well. NVIDIA released a hotfix driver to fix this. Haven't updated my desktop yet, but worked like a charm on my laptop.

Linkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Need some advice on a 1070 purchase, im looking at two slightly different asus 1070's that are around the top of my price range

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce-Turbo-Graphics/dp/B01IF66QAI/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IFESATU/?tag=pcp0f-21&th=1

The dual fan version seems to have a slightly better clock speed and boost for roughly the same price, im wondering if there are the disadvantages/downsides to the single blowfan of the first one versus the dual fan of the second one?

Currently running a EVGA 760 GTX 4GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

VinLieger wrote: »
    Need some advice on a 1070 purchase, im looking at two slightly different asus 1070's that are around the top of my price range

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce-Turbo-Graphics/dp/B01IF66QAI/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IFESATU/?tag=pcp0f-21&th=1

The dual fan version seems to have a slightly better clock speed and boost for roughly the same price, im wondering if there are the disadvantages/downsides to the single blowfan of the first one versus the dual fan of the second one?

Currently running a EVGA 760 GTX 4GB

I'd go two fan.

Most would recommend the two fan over blower because most times the two fan solutions are better at cooling and produce less noise .

Unless you had a specific case/cooling situation were you wanted it exhausted out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'd go two fan.

Most would recommend the two fan over blower because most times the two fan solutions are better at cooling and produce less noise .

Unless you had a specific case/cooling situation were you wanted it exhausted out the back.

Cheers, that's what I thought but cus the price is pretty much same for what seems to be ultimately a better card just wanted a second opinion.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I've the msi 1070 gaming with factory OC. It has 2 passively cooled fans. It doesn't distract too much when they are running. The palit and zotac are supposed to be the quietest of the 1070's.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

398431.png

Has anyone here got this particular card? I was strongly considering buying one but some feedback would be nice as it's expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Has anyone here got this particular card? I was strongly considering buying one but some feedback would be nice as it's expensive.

EVGA have probably the best customer service reputation in the business.
    You can buy directly from their site if you don't want to chance resellers.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    EVGA have probably the best customer service reputation in the business.
    You can buy directly from their site if you don't want to chance resellers.
    Thanks, I didn't know that you could buy from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I have their ftw edition, they where having issues with their coolers up until September (no vrm heat pads) but theve fixed it.

I had to return my original card because of these issues, as talked about their customer service was great, had a new card within 2 weeks. Unfortunately last week that new card died on me (just my luck) I emailed them Wednesday about it, and a new card was sent out yesterday, 2 days! While I might have had problems with these 1080's I must say evga's customer service is the best I've ever experienced

It's good to know that if anything goes wrong they will look after it for you.
    Is there still a danger of getting one of these cards with the problem you mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's good to know that if anything goes wrong they will look after it for you.
    Is there still a danger of getting one of these cards with the problem you mentioned?

If you buy direct from EVGA they will have the thermal pads already on there, as if you were to buy off a retailer they might have old stock and you would either have to contact EVGA to receive the pads to fit them yourself or send it back to them for them to do it for you.

If you buy direct from EVGA they will have the thermal pads already on there, as if you were to buy off a retailer they might have old stock and you would either have to contact EVGA to receive the pads to fit them yourself or send it back to them for them to do it for you.

Thanks, I checked their site and it mentions something about moving to a new warehouse. And it gives a bunch of resellers to buy from

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

either way if you get a dud card at least you know your dealing with the best customer service/rma in the game, exactly why i picked evga in the first place (didnt think id need to test it so soon mind :D)

True, a lot of companies are willing to sell products but not so willing to help when it goes wrong.

It doesn't list Amazon UK as a reseller for some reason though.

Advertisement