Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FBI Police Cert

Options
  • 07-05-2016 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

Just wondering has anyone else requested there police cert from the FBI and how long it took? Sent mine off at the end of february and still haven't received anything!

Can you get a visa without the cert being submitted? I have sent everything else off with a note to let them know i'm waiting on the cert. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Took 16 weeks to get mine, which is exactly what FBI website said it would take. There are facilitators you can use- they say they'll get it in a week. I was almost ready to use one, costs about $50 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pyro7046

Yeah I had looked at the facilitators but thought I had read somewhere that you shouldn't submit two applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 delama2

Hiya,

Could you tell me where you got your fingerprints done for this process? I need to send mine off.

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Wisco wrote: »
    Took 16 weeks to get mine, which is exactly what FBI website said it would take. There are facilitators you can use- they say they'll get it in a week. I was almost ready to use one, costs about $50 I think.

You can only use a facilitator if you are a US permanent resident or US citizen

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp
    Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.

Advertisement