Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single pregnant mother working part-time. Benefits question!

Options
  • 07-05-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, I recently just found out I am four months pregnant and when my partner of almost four years found out he up and left, making me concerned about the future of me and my baby. I work 3 days a week but that in no way would be enough to afford my own place for me and baby in Galway City. I currently live in shared accommodation with 4 others so staying here is not an option. Does anyone know if I would be entiltied to rent supplements? And if so, how much considering I work about 24-27 hours a week? And is child benefit the only other source of income out there or what else can I apply for? Don't know much about lone parents. Thanks in advance, kayleigh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Don't know about social welfare i'm afraid, but the father is liable to pay maintenance for the baby once s/he arrives- whether he wants to be part of their life of not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

State Benefits might be a better forum to ask this in but my advice would be to go to your local citizens information office and ask some questions there. As far as I know rent supplement varies from county to county so they should have more specific information for you. Maybe even have a look at their website

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/

I'm sure others here will be able to advise better.

All the best and congrats on the baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Look into FIS aswell

Advertisement