Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boeing 767 to Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Its all here (including live video feed of the event)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057567460

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Live action here

http://smashteck.tv/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

This is the first I've heard of it, said nobody in the West... half hoping the thing sinks at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

PARlance wrote: »
    This is the first I've heard of it, said nobody in the West... half hoping the thing sinks at this stage.

There may be an emergency landing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Been done. They had one at Burning Man last year. Next.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No, the glamping thing will never take off. They had to cut the wings off!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Listened to the interview on today fm a few weeks back with the chap who's putting in on. Genuinely eccentric, hope it works out for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I was there earlier, Left around 6 when the cold got the better of me and every inch of me was soaked :)

They had lights lined up by the entrance at that stage, ready to deploy them. The steward of the carpark where I was said that the latest they heard was that it could be 11 tonight before it's in, and apparently they've had a few hitches in the meantime.

Good craic though and it's drawing big crowds, despite the weather.

• Advertisement

No, the glamping thing will never take off. They had to cut the wings off!

I wonder what the food is like, I hear it can be a little plane at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Deep pockets there.

Of turbulence.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Fair play to him yes it's a mad idea but the best ideas are mad ones
    It looks like one of those mad Irish filums were there's a mad lad with a mad idea and they all live happily ever after
    Good luck to him I say .... Mad Hoor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭CFlat

All the work seems to be done and its nearly reached its arrival point so it's plain sailing from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

An aside.

The eccentricity of the man, and his committment are wonderful. Not to mention the money sunk into the project. I really hope he succeeds.

Needs to get to European feeds/markets now. A lot of them love camping.

in an airplane surely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭corsav6

maudgonner wrote: »
    I was there earlier, Left around 6 when the cold got the better of me and every inch of me was soaked :)

They had lights lined up by the entrance at that stage, ready to deploy them. The steward of the carpark where I was said that the latest they heard was that it could be 11 tonight before it's in, and apparently they've had a few hitches in the meantime.

Good craic though and it's drawing big crowds, despite the weather.

What was it like down there? A few people advised me not to go to Enniscrone as the traffic was mental and no chance of getting near the plane.
    We went to Kilalla instead and then to a mates house overlooking Kilalla Bay and got some hazy pics, we were about 5-6 miles away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

My new airline to the Wesht is working out well. You just get on the plane, which is placed on the barge and within a week, you can go from Shannon to Sligo, no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Fair play to him yes it's a mad idea but the best ideas are mad ones
    It looks like one of those mad Irish filums were there's a mad lad with a mad idea and they all live happily ever after
    Good luck to him I say .... Mad Hoor
    Eat The Peach, 21st century style :D

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I wonder what the food is like, I hear it can be a little plane at times

All these puns are flying right over me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Eat The Peach, 21st century style :D

That's exactly what I tought when I heard about it on the Anton Savage show nearly a moth ago or the one wher they built a runway for a pilot to fly back to Portugal can't recall the title of that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭CFlat

This is a big undertaking for the owner.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

It's a fairly historic time, for a period of about 48 hours, Ireland had it's own aircraft carrier.

corsav6 wrote: »
    What was it like down there? A few people advised me not to go to Enniscrone as the traffic was mental and no chance of getting near the plane.
    We went to Kilalla instead and then to a mates house overlooking Kilalla Bay and got some hazy pics, we were about 5-6 miles away.

It was grand. I got there about half four and it was pretty quiet, not more than 200 people there I'd say (although I'm woeful at estimating things like that :)) No problem at all getting onto the beach and a perfect view. We could walk right out to the waters edge if we wanted, there were barriers around the channel it's coming into alright though.

As time went on the crowd built up a good bit. Strangely enough there were loads of people gathered around the entrance to the beach, with really poor views. They obviously thought there was no chance of getting any close but in fact there was much more room inside with perfect views, poor sods. (I told a few on my way out :))

All these puns are flying right over me

You're going on like some kind of Maverick here. Calm the jets!

(That one really did fly over my head)

I wondering if it's bed and boarding

(That one really did fly over my head)

I wondering if it's bed and boarding

Yes, but breakfast consists of a jumbo breakfast roll.

(I tried to resist the punning for once, really I did :()

There could be a lot of domestics in it, couples flying off the handle, not enough leg room makes a person crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Ahm...air today, boeing tomorrow???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Fair play, great story. Things really seem to be 'taking off' for him.

• Advertisement

Just watched the coverage on the news tonight, i think it's brilliant. i'll be booking a suite there when it's up and running, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Brilliantly eccentric idea. Hope it takes off and he makes a flying success out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It would be a very boring world without men like this

It would be a very boring world without men like this

I'd go further to say the world would stop revolving without them

Advertisement