Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim Braveheart 5k Trail Run 2016, Fri 10th June

Options
  • 07-05-2016 11:17pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The 7th Trim AC Braveheart Trail Race will be chip-timed and staged over a 5 kilometer course on Friday, 10th June at 8pm. There will be a technical t-shirt for the first 400 entrants. This unique event will be staged along the banks of the Boyne and will take in many of the medieval sites of the town through the Porchfields. The heritage trails of Trim are an excellent leisure resource and include locations which featured in the blockbuster film Braveheart.

Entry fee is €15 online (plus 75c transaction fee) or €18 on the night. Technical t-shirts for the first 400 entries. There will be the usual category prizes for senior, junior and master runners.

There will be juvenile races (1km distance) at 7pm for the younger runners - entry for these races will be €2 per runner. There will be medals for all juvenile participants. We will have 3 races:
    • 8-10 years boys and girls
    • 11-13 years boys and girls
    • 14-16 years boys and girls

The venue is 20 mins from M3 and M4. Parking will be available in the many car parks around the town, all of which are within walking distance of the race start. Parking (on-street and car parks) will be free in the town after 6pm on the evening of the race.

We look forward to seeing you on Race Night & the very best of luck from all at Trim A.C.
    • Chip timing
    • AAI permit
    • Kids race
    • Post race refreshments
    • Supporting Cystic Fibrosis Meath/Louth branch and local charities

Registration is NOW AVAILABLE here.

I'll post more information as it becomes available. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

55405b_e890284b19894a6a8f5abbc6c67fcb02.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 meathrunner

This is a wonderful very well organised 5k trail run over in Trim. I have done it a few times and would highly recommend it. It is not a PB course but well worth the effort for the scenery, challenge and great spread afterwards:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

This is a wonderful very well organised 5k trail run over in Trim. I have done it a few times and would highly recommend it. It is not a PB course but well worth the effort for the scenery, challenge and great spread afterwards:)

Big +1 to that, on holidays unfortunately for it but would have been there otherwise. Do a good race do Trim AC.

tang1 wrote: »
    Big +1 to that, on holidays unfortunately for it but would have been there otherwise. Do a good race do Trim AC.

They sure do a good race, 10 mile in Feb really well organised too. The T shirt looks this year too, a lovely bright orange with grey on shoulders, worth running just for that!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

They sure do a good race, 10 mile in Feb really well organised too. The T shirt looks this year too, a lovely bright orange with grey on shoulders, worth running just for that!

Was just about to post a pic of the t-shirt - it's a nice one, and good especially when the evenings get a bit darker:

13256404_1195179983826143_963646211415694301_n.jpg?oh=8729a594b5087cca1d4c8dc0d87e85d8&oe=57D4D941

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Some information on registration - in addition to being able to register online and on the evening of the race, we will also be holding a registration night on Thursday 9th of June from 7pm to 9pm in Aura Leisure Centre, Trim - you can pick up your number there. See here for more information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

PauloMN wrote: »
    Some information on registration - in addition to being able to register online and on the evening of the race, we will also be holding a registration night on Thursday 9th of June from 7pm to 9pm in Aura Leisure Centre, Trim - you can pick up your number there. See here for more information.
    Hi...I tried to register this morning, and was told..entries not available. Has online registration closed?

I just registered online and all seems ok now

Ceekay wrote: »
    Hi...I tried to register this morning, and was told..entries not available. Has online registration closed?

Not sure what happened there, I was looking into it but it seems to be ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

PauloMN wrote: »
    Not sure what happened there, I was looking into it but it seems to be ok now.

Thanks...I just registered...working now!

Online registration closes at midnight tonight folks. Don't forget you can register on the night of the race also.

Best of luck to anyone who is running it!

• Advertisement

Porchfields in Trim looking great after recent dry spell, should be a lovely run this evening & looks like weather will be good too:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Porchfields in Trim looking great after recent dry spell, should be a lovely run this evening & looks like weather will be good too:cool:

Thank god. Absolute monsoon today where i am in Dublin.

Results from yesterday's run can be found on the Braveheart 5k site:
    http://www.braveheart5krun.com/#!2016/wdaxl

Keep an eye on the same site for photos which I'll be adding very shortly!

Hope you all enjoyed it, was a great evening and the rain (mostly) held off, at least for the adults. :) The kids got a bit of a soaking but it didn't seem to bother them much.

Advertisement