Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lack of non nationals in the emmergency

• 07-05-2016 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭

I know there are some non nationals in the gardai. But I have never seen any non-nationals in the DFB purely from watching the 'firefighters' series on rte nor have I seen any driving ambulances for the NAS. I can't speak for other fire brigades in other parts of the country but I've never came across any non nationals in the fire or ambulance service. Nothing out of racism or anything I'm just curious to know considering there's plenty of non nationals working in other state bodies such other hse departments such as in hospitals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

There are non Irish citizens in both Dublin Fire Brigade and the National Ambulance Service if that's what you're wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you ever tried to get a taxi from dame street to abbey street you'd know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

There is small numbers of non nationals that work within the emergency services,Not surprising as these recruitment's are competitive and require a good level of english to pass exams and local knowledge would be a advantage as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Stephen15 wrote: »
    But I have never seen any non-nationals in the DFB purely from

We have allowed people from Cork, Laois, Mayo and Meath in. Don't say Dubs won't mix with outsiders. We'll even eat bacon and cabbage when pushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Irish people are finding it difficult to get these jobs for the last few years, nevermind non-nationals getting in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement