Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairs/Field Days/Festivals

Options
  • 08-05-2016 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi guys,

I have just started to take my crafting hobby a little further and would like to set up a stall at different events. Problem is I'm new to Laois (Borris In Ossory), so I don't know what's going on where or how to find out about upcoming events. Can anybody help me out or even tell me where these things are usually advertised localy? I seem to here about field days and community events the week AFTER they happen!!
    I'm happy to try car boot sales and flea markets. Anything really. I thought it might be a nice way to meet people and maybe make some friends.

Thanks for reading 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Looshkin wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have just started to take my crafting hobby a little further and would like to set up a stall at different events. Problem is I'm new to Laois (Borris In Ossory), so I don't know what's going on where or how to find out about upcoming events. Can anybody help me out or even tell me where these things are usually advertised localy? I seem to here about field days and community events the week AFTER they happen!!
    I'm happy to try car boot sales and flea markets. Anything really. I thought it might be a nice way to meet people and maybe make some friends.

Thanks for reading 😊

There's a market in Mountrath every Saturday as far as I know. If your more into the artsy side of things you coujd ring Dunamaise Atrs Centre. They might be able to point to you the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

It's quite a distance from B-I-O but there's a farmers market in Emo every Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Farmers market in Abbeyleix on Saturdays as well. They also have a gallery in the library there that you could display your stuff in.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eddie.g

Kilkenny car boot sale is worth a visit. and you just missed the scarecrow festival in durrow which would have been a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eddie.g

by the way what products do you supply.

get some pictures up for people and they will give advice on where they think you could go to sell

• Advertisement
Advertisement