Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved up to attic and pc now no longer connecting to wireless.

• 08-05-2016 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I've just moved up into the attic a few hours back and upon doing so my desktop no longer connects to my asus rtn66u router with working internet which I am using as an access point via the virgin media router. Before moving I was suffering no problems whatsoever, Initially my thoughts were that the signal would be weak hence the reason but my surface 3 and my phone easily connects to the asus router while I am up in the room. On the pc I have a tp link N 450mps card installed and when I try to connect to the asus router or virgin router it connects but no pages load at all. While I was moving my desktop up into the room one of the antennas of the tp link network card broke off and doesn't seem to fully latch back on so I thought then maybe my network card is faulty but I connected to the internet using my phones hotspot and all was working perfect on the pc.
    Sorry about the length of this but i'm trying to be as descriptive of all the events as i've been up for hours trying to sort this issue with no avail.
    Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You fecked the antenna. Its now not working. 2 + 2....

The phone I assume is way closer so it can function with 3mm of antenna thats still left. Replace or repair the card, or buy Homeplugs.

Advertisement