Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Adwords strategy

Options
  • 08-05-2016 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, are many using Google Adwords to drive sales and how successful is it. I've dabbled a bit but find it hard to know where to bid.

Say a product has ~700 searches on google in Ireland monthly
    Product is priced at €50, similar retail at €70-80 but no exact same product is advertised online.
    Cost is €20 shipped.

How would you generate a plan to maximise sales without blowing the profit on Adwords costs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Are you selling already? What sort of conversion have you been seeing to date? What sort of competition does it say on the key words? If you're going in blind then its probably going to take some playing around to get the right number.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

No I've used it for other products in the past but not for this product.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Entirely depends on the product and how 'generic' the term is. If it's a very generic term, you're going to pay for it. Google Adwords on the dashboard should give you an indication of the approximate cost. I know many businesses that spend upwards of €700 - €1000 on Adwords each month, both are in the services industry with reasonably generic terms. The traffic is there, but it's not a magic bullet. You need to complement with other SEO and social activities.

Advertisement