Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 | News | Rumours | Castings

Options
  • 08-05-2016 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

12918023_575743379253924_1977406051_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI0MTI0NTI1Mjk4ODI1NjQwMQ%3D%3D.2

"The Walking Dead" creator and series executive producer Robert Kirkman addressed the outrage caused by the events that unfolded in the finale of the show's sixth season. The comic book author also teased something big that will be awaiting fans in the upcoming new season.
    "Some people love it. Some people are indifferent. Some people HATE it," Kirkman said of the finale, via GameSpot. "We weren't trying to game the audience, we weren't trying to drive you crazy, we certainly weren't trying to FORCE you to come back for season 7. We hope you were planning on doing that and still plan on doing that. We did want you to talk. And talk you are."
    "The only thing I can PROMISE you is that the season 7 premiere is going to be awesome," he explained. "And when viewed as a two-part episode (the same way EVERY SEASON of Star Trek: The Next Generation ended with the first half of a two-part episode that was also a cliffhanger ...), it's going to be a pretty awesome ride. And every minute of the season 6 finale was important and was setting something up that you probably won't see coming."

It will pick up with Negan's deadly swing.

New star Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Negan) told reporters that "season seven picks up right where we left off and you'll see who was at the end of that bat and what happened from there." That means that one of the Kneeling 11 — Rick (Andrew Lincoln), Michonne (Danai Gurira), Glenn (Steven Yeun), Daryl (Norman Reedus), Rosita (Christian Serratos), Carl (Chandler Riggs), Maggie (Lauren Cohan), Aaron (Ross Marquand), Eugene (Josh McDermitt), Abraham (Michael Cudlitz) and Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green) — will meet their maker in episode 701.

What's the theme?

Season six explored two central subjects: the responsibility of survival (from the first half) and what to do with that power (the last eight episodes). Season seven will focus on "How do you begin again?" Gimple told reporters. That will mean the Surviving 10 will head back to Alexandria not only in shock but with Rick "completely broken." "For some, it isn't going to be wholly negative, but it will challenge them with how they choose to move forward and who they want to be," Gimple said, noting stories would be both dark and light.

New locations, tone and characters

Gimple said the first half of season seven is going to open up even more beyond Alexandria, the Saviors and the Hilltop. "We'll have a wide variety of locales and tone and of character," he told THR. "There's going to be … probably the biggest variety of stories we've had yet. Without spoiling anything, things are going to start off very, very dark because everybody knows where we're starting. But that won't be the whole season. It's not going to be darkness upon darkness upon darkness."

Season seven of The Walking Dead premieres in October.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It's Official: 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Death Scene has been Filmed!

*No Spoilers
    The good news is, if your name is Norman Reedus, Michael Cudlitz, or Steven Yeun, you know by now if you're living or dead on The Walking Dead. The bad news? None of us are them, so none of us know yet who went to bat in the Season 6 finale!

But we are one step closer to finding out. According to a couple sources, include Wetpaint and Inquisitr, the death scene has officially finished filming!

What does that mean for us? A couple things; for one, we can probably expect a fresh round of speculation to start flying all over the interwebs. And two, we're now officially mad all over again because not only do we still not know, but somebody else out there does! Robert Kirkman apparently feels our pain, because he's even apologized for the finale.

Speaking of spoilers...they filmed the scene inside to reduce those pesky leaks, but that can't stop any of the crew or extras from spilling the beans, either accidentally or on purpose. As usual, all this wonderfully frustrating news came started on The Spoiling Dead Fans Facebook page, who are reliable sources for TWD spoilers 99% of the time.

They've also said on their page that all of the actors who were in the lineup to meet Lucille are present and accounted for, which is a pretty smart move on the producer's part. If the guys in the tents outside the studio don't see one of the actors go in to work that day, bam! You and everyone else on the entire internet will know about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

In an attempt to prevent people finding out who Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s villain killed, each of the 11 actors involved has filmed a death scene.

If you want to know what characters are definitely still alive you can click here to see some on set photo leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I know they're limited in what can they show with so many characters tied up in the 'who dies' saga, but I found that trailer underwhelming, especially compared to the Season 6 one. I know trailers can mean very little as regards to the main season but I was definitely a little deflated after watching it.

On a side note, after losing interest very quickly in Season 2 of Fear The Walking Dead, the trailer for Part 2 of the season looks surprisingly good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I know they're limited in what can they show with so many characters tied up in the 'who dies' saga, but I found that trailer underwhelming, especially compared to the Season 6 one. I know trailers can mean very little as regards to the main season but I was definitely a little deflated after watching it.

On a side note, after losing interest very quickly in Season 2 of Fear The Walking Dead, the trailer for Part 2 of the season looks surprisingly good!

Yeah, another reason why that awful climax sucks so badly. They had to be very covert with the trailor. A Walking Dead Trailer missing Rick, Darryl Glenn, Michonne, Carl and even Eugene and Abraham is pretty poor form.

I forgot how angry I ws about that ending! Such an awful mistake. I actually think they lost a considerable amount of existing viewers after that.

I dont know what idiot thought it was a good idea.

Anyway, we have got our lion!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

New Sneak Peak - August 14th

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Love the look of the dude with the tiger! can't wait til its back now, in the trailer sounds like a guy going 'uggghhhh' when the bat swings. lol

New artwork from AMC;

twd-s7-poster-197374.jpg

• Advertisement

New Season 7 promo from FOX;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I know Neagan is very cartoonish as per his personality anyway but I really fear the show could overdo his personality somewhat. Whilst it can be excused in a comic book form There is only so much emotional power over those around you that can be got away with onscreen without it looking completely over the top! Needs to be balanced somewhat, this isn't a superhero show!

Unsurprisingly, The Walking Dead has been renewed for an 8th season.

A sneak peek of the Season 7 premiere was also aired;

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

There was a special season 7 preview show of the Talking Dead shown last night on Fox, can't wait for this to start now!

Season 7 returns on February 12th 2017 on AMC and February 13th on FOX UK;

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Season 7 returns on February 12th 2017 on AMC and February 13th on FOX UK;

What's that thing at the end of the video?

Keplar240B wrote: »
    What's that thing at the end of the video?

Just your average, severely decomposed, nearly-skinless walker, wearing a spiked helmet and full of metal spikes extending out from the top half of his body! #WeaponisedWalkers :pac:

twd-rick-preview-9-217447.png

AMC’s “Walking Dead” To Have A Long Life
    AMC Networks, reporting on its fourth-quarter earnings on Thursday, says that despite the roller coaster ratings issues with “The Walking Dead,” the mega popular zombie series’ future with the network is set for years to come.

The series holds the crown as the No. 1 show on television with the key 18-49 demographic and shows no signs of giving it up. It also remains a primary driver of revenue and attention for the cable network.

AMC CEO Josh Sapan says: “The show continues to have creative strength and command a large and loyal audience, which has in turn attracted ad revenue to our great benefit…’The Walking Dead’ is a franchise that will deliver ancillary revenues over different distribution platforms for many years to come as it does today, and we believe it will have a long life that accrues to our strategic position and financial benefit.”

The series, currently in the midst of airing the back half of its seventh season, and has at least several seasons more worth of material from the ongoing comic to exploit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement