Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sonic 35 silencer

Options
  • 08-05-2016 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Sonic 35 silencer for a 223 any reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

Whilst not the same model, I can certainly vouch for the slightly larger Sonic 45. One of the lads who has permission to shoot over my farm has one on his 223. They are lovely and light but very nicely made indeed. Soundwise the 45 performs very well and it doesn't unbalance the rifle too much for offhand or kneeling or other positions than prone.

The 35 being narrower may have a little less sound reduction and also may heat up a tad more if you fire a few cartridges in succession. Should still be able to get the noise to a safe level but it might be a tiny bit more boomy.

I used to own a little rimfire version and found it quite good also.

My review is probably as useful as a chocolate teapot but Sonic are in general very nicely made and good quality. Perform very well for such a light weight in my own limited experiences with them.

........now, speaking of chocolate and of teapots, time to put the kettle on 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭culchie mick

Cheers for that

Advertisement