Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If I removed isolations from my workout, would me compounds increase faster?

• 08-05-2016 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Doing Fierce 5. Each workout day is four compounds followed by two isolations. If I cut the isolations from my workout (which the creater of the workout said he only included because he knew people were gonna do them anyway so he wanted to at least make sure they were doing them right) would I get stronger on my compounds faster?

Would you recommend I keep doing the isolations or cut them? Or will it really not make any difference?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

talkto wrote: »
    Doing Fierce 5. Each workout day is four compounds followed by two isolations. If I cut the isolations from my workout (which the creater of the workout said he only included because he knew people were gonna do them anyway so he wanted to at least make sure they were doing them right) would I get stronger on my compounds faster?

Would you recommend I keep doing the isolations or cut them? Or will it really not make any difference?

Why would doing less make your compounds improve at a faster rate, assuming your recovery is enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If I cut the isolations from my workout would I get stronger on my compounds faster?
    No. They are most likely helping your compound lifts. Assuming they are actual assistance and not just a random lifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭talkto

Why would doing less make your compounds improve at a faster rate, assuming your recovery is enough?

The energy you save by not doing isolations, you could instead put towards your compounds.

Mellor wrote: »
    No. They are most likely helping your compound lifts. Assuming they are actual assistance and not just a random lifts.

Cool. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The energy you save by not doing isolations, you could instead put towards your compounds.

The important part of Alf's post is "assuming your recovery is enough". If you're saving enough energy from not doing isolations at the end of a session to benefit your next session (presumably 1-2 days later), you're not recovering well enough and that's what needs to be addressed, rather than the isolations.

• Advertisement

The important part of Alf's post is "assuming your recovery is enough". If you're saving enough energy from not doing isolations at the end of a session to benefit your next session (presumably 1-2 days later), you're not recovering well enough and that's what needs to be addressed, rather than the isolations.

Thanks. I do understand what he and you are saying, but I was simply asking: if you don't do isolations, will you be able to lift more in your compounds as a result - all else being equal. I never mentioned any other variables.

Asked and answered "no."

Cheers for the responses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The isolation exercises are after the compound exercises so you unless you're holding back on the compounds to leave more in the tank, the only issue is whether or not the isolations impact on your next training session.

Advertisement