Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alternative for deadlift when no barbell is available.

• 08-05-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with this routine? My PT is on holidays so I don't want to be annoying her.
    She left me a program to do for the time she's away. I went to do it yesterday but all the bars were taken so I tried to do other exercises to compensate.
    Basically what could I do instead of the deadlifts if there's no bars left?
    Here's a copy of my workout .

Mobility warm up -usually 3 rounds of 15reps TRX pull up, air squats, push up and frog sit up.

Full body circuit/push/pull/press

A) deadlift 40kg 15 reps
    B) push up burbees 15
    C) pull ups on trx 15 reps
    D) push press with 6kg d.bells 15 reps
    E) push up hand planks 15 reps
    Repeat 2-3 sets.

Abs: 20 sec knee to elbow followed by 20 sec toe touchers
    Do 8 rounds 10 sec recovery between.

Intervals on the rower 10-15 intervals. 30 sec on 30 sec off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

You could use a kettle bell if there's one around that heavy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I did a dumbell programme for someone a while back and I got the person to hold the dumbell by one end and deadlift it that way.
    You would probably have to break up the sets to get all the reps done depending on how hard it is to keep your grip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Waiting for a bar is probably the easiest option.
    Or using dumbells.

Advertisement