Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam Messages

Options
  • 08-05-2016 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

I've received a number of messages in the last day about some new site it seems to just be disenfranchised boards users who have obviously never heard of Reddit. However, these messages are annoying an spam and the site probably infringes on your brand so you should probably do something about it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Karmella

I've just received this pm also. I thought it was potentially a virus link or something?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Can you report those PMs so they can be dealt with? You might need to use the full site but there is a little icon like this report.gif that you can use to report PMs to Admins.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We've had a few people reporting them already and action has been taken. best thing you can do is ignore or trash them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yeah looks to be for people that hate Boards and everyone on it.
    Person was banned by the time I opened the message.

Advertisement