Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small mod recommendation

Options
  • 08-05-2016 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

I'm looking for small mod recommendations. I love my cuboid, but I'm finding it too big when I'm out and about.

I'm looking for something that fires 75 watts at a minimum, is quite compact and has decent build quality. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

The Pico?
    Tis quite small.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Yeah I've been looking at the pico. It looks decent. Doesn't look like there's much room on top for larger tanks though?

http://www.wismec.com/product/presa-tc75w/

I've also been looking at this. I'm not sure if it's compact enough though.

http://www.kamrytech.com/kamry-80w-utc-wooden-mod.html

I like the look of this, but there's not much info on it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The Pico is great, just as powerful as the likes of the Evic mini TC, but much smaller. Doe everything you need, and tidy enough to fit in your pocket comfortably.

The Pico is great, just as powerful as the likes of the Evic mini TC, but much smaller. Doe everything you need, and tidy enough to fit in your pocket comfortably.

Well it seems like the pico is the way to go then!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Well it seems like the pico is the way to go then!

Just bare in mind you won't be able to put tanks that are larger than 22mm on it.

• Advertisement

That's true, but if you were planning to use 24mm tanks, a Pico isn't what you'd want anyway :D Wouldn't be very stealthy anymore. The tank that comes with the kit is fine, the Melo III. But I like to use the Cleito mostly on mine, or it's even neater with a Velocity atty attached.

On the topic of the Pico, can it TC Stainless Steel 316?

It has a TC ss mode, don't know if it's set for 316 though. But you also get 3 adjustable settings like the Evic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

j26m wrote: »
    On the topic of the Pico, can it TC Stainless Steel 316?

Yes it supports SS316.

I threw together some SS 317l coils on the velocity, so might give it a go later. Not really big on TC, just can never seem to get it to work great. Not tried it on the Pico yet at all

• Advertisement

Cool. It might go on my "Ooooo look, I've loadsa money left coz I'm off smokes. Quick burn it....." list.

I'm looking for something that fires 75 watts at a minimum, is quite compact and has decent build quality. Any ideas?

I've just recently started to use the Asmodus Minikin,120W,small,neat compact. What stands out for me with this mod is battery life,2 and a half days at 60 watts using a pair of LGHE4's. Lovely rubberised finish on the black version.

http://e-smokeireland.com/product/asmodus-minikin-120w/

Cool. It might go on my "Ooooo look, I've loadsa money left coz I'm off smokes. Quick burn it....." list.

That list can fill and empty very fast.

jno547 wrote: »
    That list can fill and empty very fast.

I have saved precisely nothing so far.... on the other hand, I have nearly a years supply of juice ingredients and some kit that I'm happy with.

That Minikin..... tis going on the list too.....

I have saved precisely nothing so far.... on the other hand, I have nearly a years supply of juice ingredients and some kit that I'm happy with.

That Minikin..... tis going on the list too.....

I think the black may be out of stock but the white is a gloss finish and also looks great.

I used to crave new mods and tanks all the time, but lately I'm satisfied if I have 2 decent little mods on the go, and a few nice, goof flavour tanks. I suffered shinyitis with camera gear for years and learned from it :D

I used to crave new mods and tanks all the time, but lately I'm satisfied if I have 2 decent little mods on the go, and a few nice, goof flavour tanks. I suffered shinyitis with camera gear for years and learned from it :D

I used to keep telling myself "thats it" but it never worked so I just gave up trying,next on the list is the RX200S,eta 2 weeks.

I've just recently started to use the Asmodus Minikin,120W,small,neat compact. What stands out for me with this mod is battery life,2 and a half days at 60 watts using a pair of LGHE4's. Lovely rubberised finish on the black version.

That looks great! A bit more than I was planning to spend, but it looks like it'd be worth the extra cash.

That looks great! A bit more than I was planning to spend, but it looks like it'd be worth the extra cash.

It is a bit on the pricey side,but a quality product made by the same people who make the Snowolf mods only not as bulky or heavy.

kbox 75w?

• Advertisement

Here's one also worth a look and a great price. ROV10 for 10% off also,you may have to add a cheap juice to qualify for the discount.

https://republicofvape.ie/shop/ipv-d3/

Here's one also worth a look and a great price. ROV10 for 10% off also,you may have to add a cheap juice to qualify for the discount.

https://republicofvape.ie/shop/ipv-d3/

doesn't do stainless steel wire tho.

glasso wrote: »
    doesn't do stainless steel wire tho.

Not sure if the OP is specifically looking for a SS option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Tesla Nano 100watt are going for about €40 on Fasttech at the moment, reduced from €70 during their sale. 4500mah battery. Battery is not removeable but hey ho.

Damn sexy imo. The build quality is steller as with all Tesla stuff.

The special editions pictured below are €50ish currently. I bought 2, very impressed.

20151203055963885.jpg

Also if you are willing to drop to a 60 watt you can have one of these Tesla nano 60w which are even smaller for just under €40. 3600mah battery.

I bought 2 of those also. Saving money giving up smoking is not really working out, lol. :D

p1120022.jpg

Not sure if the OP is specifically looking for a SS option though.

Yeah it's not really an issue for me. Really like the look of the IPV D3. It ticks all the boxes for me and the price is right. Think I'll order it along with an Uwell Crown. Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Yeah it's not really an issue for me. Really like the look of the IPV D3. It ticks all the boxes for me and the price is right. Think I'll order it along with an Uwell Crown. Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Uwell Crown is awesome. Big ass tank, but fantastic.

Tesla Nano 100watt are going for about €40 on Fasttech at the moment, reduced from €70 during their sale. 4500mah battery. Battery is not removeable but hey ho.

Damn sexy imo. The build quality is steller as with all Tesla stuff.

The special editions pictured below are €50ish currently. I bought 2, very impressed.

20151203055963885.jpg

Also if you are willing to drop to a 60 watt you can have one of these Tesla nano 60w which are even smaller for just under €40. 3600mah battery.

I bought 2 of those also. Saving money giving up smoking is not really working out, lol. :D

p1120022.jpg

That Tesla Nano is one damn sexy looking mod!

Great for when you are out and about.

The IPV D3 arrived this morning. Quite liking it so far. It's exactly the size I wanted. The firing button is a little stiff coming from a cuboid and a kbox, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thanks again for the recommendations.

On a side note, I ordered an uwell crown with it, and **** me it's a hell of a tank! Best constructed piece of vape gear I've ever owned. Great flavour and clouds. Think I'll pick up another one before the TPD kicks in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement