Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

• 08-05-2016 5:58pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod warnings from previous threads still in effect.

Mod Warning 23rd May
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Because its been a while since it needed to be said, I have just deleted the two Upton gifs so far. But I've warned people not to do them before (they are troublesome for many people). Any from here on out have to be a yellow card.

NSFW gifs of scantily clad women WILL be carded.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I love Mourhino.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Massive chance now, but I am just not confident that we will take this chance.

We will probably beat West Ham and then balls it up against Bournemouth, we are that unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We live in hope and fear for the final week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

New thread! New hope!

edgecutter wrote: »
    Massive chance now, but I am just not confident that we will take this chance.

We will probably beat West Ham and then balls it up against Bournemouth, we are that unpredictable.

A win on Tuesday could be enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Well if he throws this chance away then it will definitely seal his fate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

VanGowl out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Ok my understanding now is that if we win our remaining games it doesn't matter what anyone else does we'll still have at least one more game with LVG in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

good auld classy city

great fans....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

adox wrote: »
    A win on Tuesday could be enough!

It's the hope that kills ya :pac:

• Advertisement

If you are a City player and you have to do a lap of honour in a near empty stadium, and you know you are leaving, you might think, why bother in the final game, they deserve what they get.

At least that wouldn't happen at United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Iron Tulip looking droopy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

3 more wins please!!

Jaysus(and mod delete if not appropriate) the Etihad nearly empty as the players and manager are coming out for a lap of honour.

• This could be the thread, the thread of change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

We win final 2 games. arsenal lose last game, we finish 3rd. Then win the FA Cup.
    Better placement than last year and a trophy.
    I still believe Lvg is gone in the summer but will the board see that scenario as enough to keep him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

classy city fans as always

don't stay to applaud a manager who won a league and 2 league cups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,847 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Great that it's in our own hands now. But as others have said I'm not confident at all.. the west ham game will be very difficult. Id expect us to beat Bournmouth at home but again this season nothing is a given...

Just watching sky sports and City fans bar a few have left the stadium before the players and manager say farewell.. also Fernandinho intervied with no apparent idea as to the league table talking about Arsenal instead of United... strange times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This could be the thread, the thread of change

Nahhh this be the thread of gloom ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

The thread where our fate is sealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Haha its going to happen isn't it!!

We get 4th win the Fa cup Woodward comes out and says considering everything going on at the club new players injuries etc it's been a very successful season. So of course Louis Van Gaal will see out the last year of his contract.......

0296374001455960873_filepicker.jpg

Has Hayley left Sky, just listening to her presenting on Five Live now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Thread checklist

1/ New Manager
    2/ 3rd or 4th place
    3/ FA cup win

If we don't achieve item 1, we failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Cant believe we have a chance of fourth, would be great seeing Pep manage City in the Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Looking at City there , the players look in shock, they could **** the bed v Swansea too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Jesus I nearly feel bad for the City players and manager coming out to see everyone has left

nearly :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

paulbok wrote:
    We win final 2 games. arsenal lose last game, we finish 3rd. Then win the FA Cup. Better placement than last year and a trophy. I still believe Lvg is gone in the summer but will the board see that scenario as enough to keep him?

That's clutching at straws!

Arsenal are at home to villa in their last match. Even id they were to surprise us with a draw they have a vastly superior goal difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

kona wrote: »
    Looking at City there , the players look in shock, they could **** the bed v Swansea too.

I bet it doesn't help their morale looking around at an empty stadium as they pay tribute to their manager.

If the fans don't give a toss about the team...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Manuel deserved a better send-off than that, the players probably deserved the walkout.

Can't believe we have a shot at fourth now. If we can't win two games we don't deserve Champs League place, so lucky to even have this shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jesus I nearly feel bad for the City players and manager coming out to see everyone has left

nearly :):)

I do feel bad for Pellegrini. I'm not a Mancunian so the City rivalry doesn't mean a whole lot to me really but Pellegrini was very successful for them and they replace him in the middle of the season and then the fans don't even give him a decent send-off? So harsh and ungrateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

If Pool win the Europa League all this talk of CL football next season will be in vain.

billyhead wrote: »
    If Pool win the Europa League all this talk of CL football next season will be in vain.

No it wont.
    Countries are permitted a maximum of five teams in the competition, and a potential City and Liverpool European double would have kicked United into the Europa League if they finished fourth.

Now City are out of Europe, the scenario is simpler. A fourth-place finish for United will ensure they play in a Champions League qualifier in August and - potentially - keep Louis van Gaal in a job.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-champions-league-11293020

billyhead wrote: »

It won't.

billyhead wrote:

No it won't .

Max 5 teams if Liverpool win Europa league.

Only way 4th could have lost out would have been if city hadve won the. Champions league and not finish in the top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Disgusting stuff from the City fans. Pep really should be looking elsewhere. God knows what he must be thinking after that.

How funny would it be if we were to steal 4th place from City and Pep does a U turn and comes to us to replace LVG!!!

A man can dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

But if we win the FA Cup and come 4th and Liverpool win the Europa League then UEFA's multi-competition hyperball rule comes into effect.

Looking at the bookies odds even though its in our own hands city are still the favourites for the top 4 spot. 8/11 for city to finish top 4 as opposed to evens for Utd.

Am I the only one who thinks Swansea wins next Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

xtal191 wrote: »
    Cant believe we have a chance of fourth, would be great seeing Pep manage City in the Europa.

He might stop Sevilla getting four in a row ;-)

• Advertisement

Disgusting stuff from the City fans. Pep really should be looking elsewhere. God knows what he must be thinking after that.

How funny would it be if we were to steal 4th place from City and Pep does a U turn and comes to us to replace LVG!!!

A man can dream

He is thinking, 'this is why they are paying me so much money'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

A man can dream

Its such a laugh.

The passion of the Catalans, the Ze Germans, now City.

Quality.

They cannot come close to selling most CL games, imagine the attendance at EL matches.

RobertKK wrote: »

Nope. They've been playing great the last few games and scoring goals for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well ****ing hell. Massive sympathy for Arsenal fans. Being a fan for them was too much for one game.

At least we know Van Gaal will go. They have no hope with Wenger :D

Also City fans, what a sham. Empty from stadium and not acknowledge a manager who won a title and two cups, some players who will be leaving who made their club relevant.

Somewhat definition of plastic I imagine. Massive club.....

J. Marston wrote:
    But if we win the FA Cup and come 4th and Liverpool win the Europa League then UEFA's multi-competition hyperball rule comes into effect.

Do fa cup runners up not get the Europa league spot in that case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Looking at the bookies odds even though its in our own hands city are still the favourites for the top 4 spot. 8/11 for city to finish top 4 as opposed to evens for Utd.

United have 2 chances to mess up, City have only one.

Just reading City's stats against the other teams in the top 8: 1 win, 4 draws, 9 losses. 7 points out of 42 is pretty terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Korat wrote: »
    I bet it doesn't help their morale looking around at an empty stadium as they pay tribute to their manager.

If the fans don't give a toss about the team...?

It certainly looks that way, the Fernandinho interview was bizarre too, he hadn't a notion , didn't sound too positive either.

No kompany either at the back and toure is not right either. When those two are out City are really weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hope we dont ever sink to that level.

Im sure if Van Gaal said he was leaving he would get a good send off at a packed stadium the final game of the season.

RobertKK wrote: »

One horrible set of results I can picture is city drawing but Utd only picking up 3 points, lose to West Ham, beat Bournemouth. City get 4th on GD and the shite goal difference coming back to haunt us :(

jaykay74 wrote:

Yeah it's strange alright as the same bookies has united as favourites to win on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement